1976 CB750 Into the Sunset

Dump the seat. It's too small and doesn't really match the frame or tank very well. Something similar in a size XL and in black would be nice.

For the tank, try the CB1100R type swoops in whatever color works for you. I'm partial to the stock OEM 1100R colors, but they aren't everyone's cup of tea. Here's a tank:

s-l400.jpg

Honda-CB1100R-by-Japanese-tuner-AC-Sanctuary-1.jpg

or this one

040716-1982-honda-cb1100r-IMG_5519.jpg

Obviously the dents in your tank require a different shape of swoop, but it could probably be adapted - or change the dent shapes.....

So, I took absolutely no pictures of the process, but with the following items I fixed the contour of the seat/hoop

A flexible cutting board (for template)
A sheet of ABS plastic.
A soldering gun.
A heat gun.
A flap disc.

Cut out template. Transfer template to abs sheet. Rough cut with angle grinder. Flap disc to grind to proper shape. Weld abs plastic to seat pan using soldering gun. Mix up acetone and and scrap to create ABS filler putty. Smooth out welded areas. Grind smooth. Fine tune shape to match hoop.

Final result.

So it has been a minute or two.

Decided to inset a LED tail/stop/turn into the rear hoop.

I am also considering running a different oil tank to open up the triangle.

Test fired it with the new oil tank. The old lines leak, so I need to make some new ones.

Spent a bunch of time chasing a problem with it only running on two cylinders. Turned out both the Dyna and the Original points plate were faulty. Luckily I had a spare set of points sitting around.

Need to get the following things sorted before the Cinco De Mayo:

New oil lines
Fix the wiring on the reg/rec
Adjust throttle
Re-bleed front brake
Play with the air mixture/jetting

Oh, and maybe throw a coat of paint on everything.

Yay. Good luck, It was 20 C here yesterday and bikes were everywhere, but I do not have one ready to go and it sucks. Need to get the CX ready, tagged and ridable then the GL. Almost have the yamaha out the door. It's ready to have the motor put back in, but I need to figure out how to mount the damn carbs.

Have you tested compression or anything since the Dyna has been installed and/or can you start the bike with the kill switch off?

It wouldn't start with the kill switch off, and after I put the other points plate on it fires right up. Revs like normal, and even settled into an idle.

Haven't checked the comp.

My point is that if you do anything that puts a huge voltage surge that's not grounded it can fry the Dyna. It's usually how they get fried.

Bought a $25 Reg/Rec from eBay. It didn't work. Ha. Ordered a Rick's unit last night.

Also ordered new throttle cables. It currently only has the pull cable, and it is stretched beyond realistic use.

Back
Top Bottom