acetelyne n hammertone ADVtwin

xb33bsa

Over 1,000 Posts
right i been waiting gonna contribute a build of a 350 twin dualsport dakar \
what really made it possible for the project finish was my storage facility keeprs turned me on 2 2 sweet pimp china clones just left em for me :eek: :) :-*
look at all the usable parts
i am going to try one of these rtotors on the rear
had the frame blasted 48 hrs it wikll get the final coats
no wire feeds will be used nope flame is all we need
e start only
frame deraked to 26.5 fit cb/cl cases
wheel travel of design is around 8'" front and back
seat rails were cut off and raised 2""
\swingarm now sports 1rst gene4ration forward mounted shock geometry ala gp 74.5 maicos and early penton ktm inspirerd formed speedi holed stiffers it is not that good of a lashup as far as how it actually perfomes buy i was going for stance ya bums

i skip welded it and got drunk an fillet brazed it why ? cause i was drunk toTALLY FRIVOLOUS

Attachments

• IMG_1956.JPG
    IMG_1956.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 407
  • IMG_1959.JPG
    IMG_1959.JPG
    6.4 MB · Views: 405
  • IMG_1944.JPG
    IMG_1944.JPG
    5 MB · Views: 399
  • IMG_1952.JPG
    IMG_1952.JPG
    5.5 MB · Views: 412
  • IMG_1831.JPG
    IMG_1831.JPG
    5.3 MB · Views: 397
that swingarm looks like a retard went after it :eek: ??? hammertone, after acetylene runaway ,much better
i am going to reseal these ugly stupid looking shocks and test bed them on AnH twin just so you will taste bile a little bit if you ever come back to this build
seat base was formed to frame with plastic buck screwed to it and clamped on frame
the shocks look way to big no its just the camera relax

Attachments

• IMG_1987.JPG
    IMG_1987.JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 374
  • IMG_1986.JPG
    IMG_1986.JPG
    5.1 MB · Views: 355
  • IMG_1983.JPG
    IMG_1983.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 383
  • IMG_1978.JPG
    IMG_1978.JPG
    5.2 MB · Views: 380
  • IMG_1970.JPG
    IMG_1970.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 357
this is the basic idear for a windscreen
i should have added the footpegs moved back 3-4' up about 1'
and the 74.5 gp maico was the nexis of frame design early forward mount geometry that every mfg abandinded in 2 years i wanted to be reminded of those first maico frames ltr suspension

74.5_440.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1804.JPG
    IMG_1804.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 362
  • IMG_1806.JPG
    IMG_1806.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 344
  • IMG_1808.JPG
    IMG_1808.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 353
the forks will be bitsa's mix n matched parts i wanted a fork brace and i wanted some flex just like we had back then the sliders are virago with the buiilt in fork brace ,caliper bracket
brakes; all pumps and clatchipers are brembo and the stanchions and damper rods will both be cut down in length they are 36mm thinwall 1979 klx stanchions gold valved ,very light stanchion tubes its amazing how much thicker a virago stanchion is
i have 3 different offset triples to try i knew i wanted 26,5 head angle now on final assembly i will dial in a trail number i want by choosing offset and test riding
of course forks will be fit new shimmed DU bushings, as will the swingarm Pivot, big ass du bushings

spud mandrel skim-cut turning rocker box gasket surfage journal faces -.004 each side "
please note and always secvure tightly use a long piece of all thread thru the lathe headstock when turning such things that hang out far with the spud mandrel it pretty much eliminates parts knocking your teeth out
i did not need to turn them, it will eliminated the thickness of side play shims needed but yeah the gasket surfaces were a mess stuck on pieces of gasket small gouges it was easier to turn then than clean 'em up with a blade,.see
the spud in these instances was a bonus using delrin cause it can be a snug fit and with a lathe turned face on the spud the rocker box turns perfectly axially alligned with no indicator or 4 jaw needed

Attachments

• IMG_1826.JPG
    IMG_1826.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 342
  • IMG_1813.JPG
    IMG_1813.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 331
  • IMG_1823.JPG
    IMG_1823.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 355
  • IMG_1825.JPG
    IMG_1825.JPG
    4.6 MB · Views: 337
  • IMG_1810.JPG
    IMG_1810.JPG
    5 MB · Views: 354
Damn Xb,
usually it get tossed onto a mill and skimmed, but this works as well.......nicely done

and last detail for today spud mandrel turning cam journal gasket faces
on these parts i did not use a bolt to pull the jounal up tight but hollowing out the spoud alloews a very snug fit i am only skimming .002 off of these and friction holds them for turning
and again a draw bar thru the headstock so the spud is absolutely secure
for the tacho drive one i just put it on ,lface in and used a diferent tool from backside to cut face

Attachments

• IMG_1840.JPG
    IMG_1840.JPG
    4.9 MB · Views: 329
  • IMG_1844.JPG
    IMG_1844.JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 338
  • IMG_1842.JPG
    IMG_1842.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 336
Kamn said:
Damn Xb,
usually it get tossed onto a mill and skimmed, but this works as well.......nicely done
thanks i wanted to show some of the lathes capability and i dont have a vertical mill at this time
i did 4 boxes and 8 journales
and after the photos went with a rubber lash as shown
this is a situartion where the part becomes a piano if you let it the harmonics will get out of control i was only able to go .001" at a pass but they werre fast paced feed wise less than 4 total minutes turning per end
this setup,would not be suitable for fabricating from scratch it is hanging to far from chuck for serious cuts it would need a angle plate on a face plate

Attachments

• IMG_1838.JPG
    IMG_1838.JPG
    5.1 MB · Views: 322
xb33bsa said:
thanks i wanted to show some of the lathes capability and i dont have a vertical mill at this time
i did 4 boxes and 8 journales
and after the photos went with a rubber lash as shown
this is a situartion where the part becomes a piano if you let it the harmonics will get out of control i was only able to go .001" at a pass but they werre fast paced feed wise less than 4 total minutes turning per end
this setup,would not be suitable for fabricating from scratch it is hanging to far from chuck for serious cuts it would need a angle plate on a face plate

Thank you for the rubber band trick......thats one I don't know but will come in handy

all right then i guess it makes sense to put up a beauty shot i do love speed holes
....and shiny keihin carbs which are sourced from cb750ko they measure 29mm inside the outlet
going to machine some al spigot flanges for the head and use cb750 center cylynder rubber boots
i hate cleaning carbs got lucky found these in this condition :)

Attachments

• IMG_2073.JPG
    IMG_2073.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 347
  • IMG_2072.JPG
    IMG_2072.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 355
  • IMG_2023.JPG
    IMG_2023.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 345
  • IMG_2043.JPG
    IMG_2043.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 330
  • IMG_2030.JPG
    IMG_2030.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 349
man i think im going to go solo pogo mono sodium motherfuckers as i trundled past press drillpress please* i remembered the arms hanging ,well they strongarmed me and i have lost the channel ,can you say monoshokatated,polo solo pogo ...its strong,and hhellu beefy, i dont think i will go full florida fllood plane nigerian and strretch the gix er arm but aint that the look ?
that whole corner of the shop was unuasble,still a mess but 1 more session of brench clearin;and the lift is going up in this zone
the hueys were strong today the LZ is a 1 wood away ,fire season BBBMMMM WOPWOPWOPWOP

*press drillpress please is my mobil press,drillpress i had built the press 30 years ago for my dad to have ,i inherited the drillpress as well and decided the shit laying around could make the entire unit mobile the only money spent was dollars 15 for the 2 braked steering castors
the rest is part nigerian enginearing and pure lashupatation

Attachments

• IMG_2120.JPG
    IMG_2120.JPG
    966.5 KB · Views: 334
  • IMG_2119.JPG
    IMG_2119.JPG
    906.8 KB · Views: 334
  • IMG_2127.JPG
    IMG_2127.JPG
    957.8 KB · Views: 334
  • IMG_2133.JPG
    IMG_2133.JPG
    884.2 KB · Views: 341
Tune-A-Fish said:
More!

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

ok well i think got back on channel i built a fire and melted the evil gixxer swinger :D
maybe tonight i will have the corner cleared out and get the "african twin" (it is after all going to have styling q's from a dakar bike)on the proper lift to start final
but hear is a little thing i dun with some 350 cam followers not the ones that are pitted just the ones with a faint mark going
i used a cr500 susension link its forked and got it set so up so the rocker pad has perfect convexatational contact as you sweep it across a faceplate with 600 glued i was hoping to easilly disapear the shadow line
there is a flat opposite the rocker face so a fella can measure and the most change i can get is well less than a thou but it works awesome ,just need fine diamond wheel to remove the .001"
then the plan is al ox grit blast and kg gear kote baked on

Attachments

• IMG_2006.JPG
    IMG_2006.JPG
    4.6 MB · Views: 340
Read up on the 3000 Gear Kote and it sounds like a treatment for the KZ buckets too... The make use program is how I have to do everything, I don't have machine tool one but I have a hand piece and files and grit juice an oven and a torch ::)

Digidy Digity :eek:

Oh, I have a pile of them early skinny crabs if you need any brass or some rubbers.

Back
Top Bottom