www.cognitomoto.com

https://www.townmoto.com/collections/vanson-leathers

www.speedmotoco.com

www.CITYLIMITMOTO.com

www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

Author Topic: Ton up SR250 - a cafe racer by the numbers: 100mph, 100kg, 30hp  (Read 31170 times)

Offline irk miller

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
  • You've been mostly-dead all day.
Re: Ton up SR250 - a cafe racer by the numbers: 100mph, 100kg, 30hp
« Reply #260 on: Mar 19, 2019, 23:24:01 »
After killing a few lithium ion batteries I decided to start taking them apart only to realize they are pretty much the same thing in different packages.  For many of them, like the Shorai, there's half a plastic box of dead space.

Offline Sav0r

• ChrisLivengood.net
« Reply #261 on: Mar 19, 2019, 23:39:17 »
Yep, they come from a few different sources. Certainly a lot of back end science, but at the end of the day there's not too much difference as the state of the art is what it is.
Sav0r the adventure.

Visit www.chrislivengood.net to get more information on my RD350 dubbed Mia Wallace as well as my other projects and snafus.

Instagram

Offline wozza

« Reply #262 on: Mar 20, 2019, 01:00:20 »
once again to the OP sorry..but I have to point out whilst you have done your homework and come up with a cheaper option...My concern is some young/old uninformed person see's the link and think yeah thats cheap and throws it in their bike and isnt as lucky as you....also your insurance may not cover any damage .
Finally I have been flying RC for over 40 years and currently have about 30 lipos sitting here in a metal ammo case, Ive seen far to many of the hobby king ones puff and fail even with the best charger and most care.....All the power to you for thinking outside the box but not all of us are that smart :)

Online JadusMotorcycleParts

• DTT SUPPORTER
    • Jadus Motorcycle Parts
« Reply #263 on: Mar 20, 2019, 04:06:09 »
Agreed.  Seems like you know your stuff in this area and I would be happy if I did too, but I don't.  For average Joe home mechanic (me included) I wouldn't be confident installing stuff I don't understand.  But knowledge is power and more power to those who can!  It's awesome that most builders excel at something on their bike from either their trade or profession.

I think your solution is cool though savor!

• DTT SUPPORTER
    • Jadus Motorcycle Parts
« Reply #264 on: Mar 20, 2019, 04:22:53 »
To change the subject a little...  I received my custom built YSS shocks yesterday - super cool.  I had searched and searched online to find shocks that suited - there are many shocks with the correct eye dimensions and the length I wanted, but not spring rate, that is harder to find.  I had been in touch with YSS customer support and Hagons as well.  As mentioned in a previous post, Hagons have good customer service and can custom make shocks, but they just look so damn ugly! That's just a personal taste thing but I think their product development and production needs to lift themselves out of the 60's.  They have one new promising range of shocks - the Nitro range, but they are super pricey.

Anyway, I settled on YSS because they were also super helpful and could build a custom shock.  They also look great and are great quality.  Check em!

• DTT SUPPORTER
    • Jadus Motorcycle Parts
« Reply #265 on: Mar 20, 2019, 04:30:16 »
And if anyone is interested, here are some specs...

Stock:

295mm Eye to eye
14mm Top eye
14mm Bottom eye
14-20 Spring

YSS Custom:

RE302-T - Aluminium
340mm Eye to eye
14mm Top eye
14mm Bottom eye
13-18 Spring (lighter rate for lighter bike and skinny rider)

Offline zap2504

« Reply #266 on: Mar 20, 2019, 15:13:48 »
Just curious - what are the spring rate measurement values?

• DTT SUPPORTER
    • Jadus Motorcycle Parts
Manual states:

K1 = 1.4kg/mm (0-50mm)
K2 = 2.0kg/mm (50-70mm)

I guess it is more common to write 14-20kg.  Which would be kg/cm?