www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Author Topic: One for three, or Three for one?  (Read 3461 times)

Offline BicycleBobe

Re: One for three, or Three for one?
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2017, 16:30:38 »
Showas for project #2 came in! I'm wondering if they are exactly the same as the legs on my Thruxton. Black would look way better on the triumph...

Offline BicycleBobe

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2017, 16:32:38 »
Not the same 😒

Offline BicycleBobe

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2017, 13:05:50 »
Decision time my wife dropped something big on me yesterday and now I have to choose which bike to focus on. My 30th is in a year and a few months change and she wants me to take a few weeks and ride up the coast to British Columbia.

Ideally I would take project #1 but it has a handful of things left to work out and while it's always been super reliable I would trust project #2 more for such a trip at this time.

Project #2 I can do the motor work later but it's still a huge budget project for me to finish and dial in by then. It will probably be the best bike for the trip if I can get it finished.

Project #3 while it has been cross country and is a brand new motorcycle which comes with a certain piece of mind it doesn't even really seem like a contender for this trip.

Offline BicycleBobe

« Reply #13 on: Jun 02, 2017, 03:29:18 »
Took #2 on a 200 mile ride this morning, let her stretch her legs before I cut them off... Started pulling parts off tonight didn't make it as far as I would of liked. Don't have a big enough wrench for the front end. Time to get everything cleaned and sorted in the stay pile and sell pile.

Pic from this mornings ride and tonight's breakdown

Offline BicycleBobe

« Reply #14 on: Jun 07, 2017, 21:20:04 »
Was in the garage trying to make the electrical tray for project #3 when I got sidetracked... thinking this seat need to be made to work. Started cutting into it and I think it's going to work pretty easily!
« Last Edit: Jun 07, 2017, 21:56:01 by BicycleBobe »

Offline dgguia

« Reply #15 on: Jun 07, 2017, 22:18:43 »
Keep up the great work

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Offline BicycleBobe

« Reply #16 on: Jun 20, 2017, 02:36:32 »
Thanks, it's slow going and my a.d.d. really kicks hard. Was decidedly and happily focusing on project #2...  and back on #1 now. Tires ordered, mirrors ordered, and trying to work with this company to get a solution made for the odd sized headlight BMW used...

Need to get the front and rear suspension sorted along with a few other small things and hopefully I'll be riding my baby again.

Also it's stupidly loud was messing about with carbs getting it to idle well, if my neighbors didn't hate me they do now...

Offline BicycleBobe

« Reply #17 on: Jun 26, 2017, 23:23:39 »
Home stretch, she's been around the block a few times. Still lots of little things to work out and tie up.

Offline irk miller

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
  • You've been mostly-dead all day.
« Reply #18 on: Jun 27, 2017, 10:05:49 »
These are great bikes.  I hate that I've been missing out.

Offline BicycleBobe

« Reply #19 on: Jul 12, 2017, 02:35:30 »
Moving on to some small things like making cable holders out of welding wire so I can cut the zip-tie that's been keeping my brake cable from burning on the headers... more than it has.

Here's a real short sound clip
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=uH5rpWGuKwI

Also working on getting an adapter ring to fit a 5 3/4 jw speaker unit in the headlight bucket.

Finally have matching tires on the bike now too.
« Last Edit: Jul 12, 2017, 02:39:01 by BicycleBobe »