Latest project - Suzonda WTF200/2 in progress

UK Mark said:
What's the photo bucket thing about? I can't see any pictures now :(

Not sure what's going on Mark...my photobucket account seems OK. I posted another image link but the same warning popped up??

The url photobucket.com/sp500 is a dead link??

I've reported the post to admin, let's see what they make of it? Any other posts/members affected I wonder?

Apparently a real problem. I havent read all of it but i dont think i can do anything from my end.

https://www.ghacks.net/2017/06/30/photobucket-now-charges-399-for-third-party-hosted-images/

Just upload images from your phone, photobucket looks like it just committed suicide asking for that fee

Here's a little [ true ] story.

About 3 years ago [ been using PB for 8 ] I had some weirdness going on when I accessed the my PB account.

The next time I logged onto my computer [ 4 hours later? ], I found I had been hacked. :eek:

Coincidence surely - however when I checked around with some mates who use PB, they ALL had the same experience .............. like I said - coincidence ?

The problem is that not all of the forums I use have a facility to load pix direct from my PC [ don't use phones ].

So, anyone know of PB equivalent not related to Dick Turpin ? 8)

Imgur image hosting test copy.

FokeWG4.jpg

Small step forward. The NSR axle spindle actually fits the 'forks with no name'. The threaded end is to small but long enough to get a nut on the end of it. I'm happy with that, so long as no one spots a problem?

vtLtrAP.jpg

JShIVLS.jpg

Would anyone know/recognise this logo on the 36mm forks?

L4st9wV.jpg

(update) The forks are Paioli brand, nice quality Italian aftermarket and OEM manufacturer, well pleased to find that out. :D

Cheers

I'm not certain, but the threads might get bent around if they aren't threaded into the forks.
That side of the axle would then only be held in place by the friction of the nut, leaving room for some end play under loads.
Maybe only a mm or so, but its something to consider.

Unless the axle sits tight in the fork on a non threaded length, in which case just ignore me.

farmer92 said:
I'm not certain, but the threads might get bent around if they aren't threaded into the forks.
That side of the axle would then only be held in place by the friction of the nut, leaving room for some end play under loads.
Maybe only a mm or so, but its something to consider.

Unless the axle sits tight in the fork on a non threaded length, in which case just ignore me.

Yeah, that's why I am asking Farmer. The stepped spindle does sit snugly, and is clamped on the rightside. I could have the axle mount faced off 1-2mm to allow a deeper nut to torque it down correctly? Or have a replica spindle made up with the correct thread?

It's not the nut clamping properly that worries me.
If you only have threads sitting in the fork leg, i would be worried about them (threads) collapsing and the spindle having play.
You might not feel it by hand, but it will be there.
You might get away with putting some good thread locker or jb weld around the threads that only sit in the fork, but i would not leave it as is.

I wonder if there is a helicoil that could fit over the spindle and through the fork leg properly? That would be ideal.

farmer92 said:
It's not the nut clamping properly that worries me.
If you only have threads sitting in the fork leg, i would be worried about them (threads) collapsing and the spindle having play.
You might not feel it by hand, but it will be there.
You might get away with putting some good thread locker or jb weld around the threads that only sit in the fork, but i would not leave it as is.

I wonder if there is a helicoil that could fit over the spindle and through the fork leg properly? That would be ideal.

I see what you're saying, the stepped spindle has a threadless part that sits snugly in the l/s mount...then the threads start. So it's bedded solid on the l/s as if it were using the threads. I can check this by using a nut and see how it behaves. I need spacer/speedo drive now.

I like the idea of a helicoil to reduce the thread down to fit the spindle I have, and then cap it with a nut/washer as well :)

Another blinding day rummaging around Kempton.

Here's the lastest haul for the WTF 200/2 project:

iewUaNb.jpg

Brand new ignition switch unit with keys = £1

20x330mm GS axle to modify = £2

Throttle with alloy switch gear - £1

Suzuki SB 200 gasket set = £20

Thick biker socks = £10

Spotted a good few further solutions to forthcoming requirements I think. Great day out and it only showered on us once :)

I was at Kempton too Colin and almost bought something that would have been useful for you....it was a helicoil kit for repairing various sizes of drain plugs and might well have worked on your fork leg....he is nearly always there, mainly sells rubber/neophrene sheet etc but has a few tools as well....had 2 kits still there when I looked, red boxes, £15 a go....might be lucky next time!

unclerob said:
I was at Kempton too Colin and almost bought something that would have been useful for you....it was a helicoil kit for repairing various sizes of drain plugs and might well have worked on your fork leg....he is nearly always there, mainly sells rubber/neophrene sheet etc but has a few tools as well....had 2 kits still there when I looked, red boxes, £15 a go....might be lucky next time!

Ah yeah, helicoil the axle threads to fit/fill out to suit the spindle I have...check! Concentrating on the arse end at the moment.

Were you trading?, we used the car park entry and I looked where you were when we met, but couldn't see you? Had a good mooch and my mate got nearly everything he was looking for :)

Your bikes are looking very smart.

Thanks Colin.... no I was just buying stuff on Saturday...have a stand at Ardingly end of next month and trying to get things finished with a bit of time to spare!

Hi gents, back on this after a house move mothballed the project.

Scored a pair of Microns that might beat into shape and fit?

14HNEEl.jpg

And bagged a bag of SB200 engine/gearbox bits....the engine has been apart so it just might be missing a few key items, hopefully these may come in handy ;)

zcDiq21.jpg

If it ends up looking even a bit like this BSA I'll be pleased.

vuKrSrl.jpg

More anon...thanks for checking in :)

Cleared the workbench with a sweep of my hand.....screwed a couple of melamine boards to extend the area. All set to get to work.

nFzAEFw.jpg

These are the stock 18mm carbs....anyone know if an upgrade is viable? I do have the tops and sliders...attached to the cables.

HXNtMos.jpg

I've been looking at the chinese (I know I know) 26mm+ carbs for not a lot. A mate fitted one to a souped up scooter which worked out very well.....any real life, tried it liked it reviews?

I used them
Recently on a 150cc gy6 buggy
They are ok
Use genuine mikuni/keihin brass if you can.
The chrome on the slides were subpar.
Other than that they do the job as well as expected.

farmer92 said:
I used them
Recently on a 150cc gy6 buggy
They are ok
Use genuine mikuni/keihin brass if you can.
The chrome on the slides were subpar.
Other than that they do the job as well as expected.

Thanks for that farmer....I'm certainly leaning towards them tbh. Liking the black versions too ;)

Back
Top Bottom