www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Author Topic: Ton up SR250 - a cafe racer by the numbers: 100mph, 100kg, 30hp  (Read 22208 times)

Offline JadusMotorcycleParts

• DTT SUPPORTER
    • Jadus Motorcycle Parts
Re: Ton up SR250 - a cafe racer by the numbers: 100mph, 100kg, 30hp
« Reply #80 on: Jan 10, 2018, 18:32:09 »
Dropping the electric starter I need to block the gaping hole in the left crank case.  Start with a few measurements and a sketch, into CAD, a couple prototypes later to dial in the hole positions, then onto a drawing to send to the machinist :)

Offline hooligan998

« Reply #81 on: Jan 11, 2018, 00:49:36 »
It was a bit of a joke. Been using both imperial and metric for 15 years so no need to try and lecture. Thanks.

I wasn't really lecturing, so if it came across that way, my bad.  Maybe I missed the point of your post.  I really wasn't trying to piss you off.  I've been using both for longer than that, hence the reason I posted it.

We good?

Offline Pete12

« Reply #82 on: Jan 11, 2018, 08:45:23 »
Dropping the electric starter I need to block the gaping hole in the left crank case.  Start with a few measurements and a sketch, into CAD, a couple prototypes later to dial in the hole positions, then onto a drawing to send to the machinist :)
Nice work, looking forward to seeing the finished article.

• DTT SUPPORTER
    • Jadus Motorcycle Parts
« Reply #83 on: Jan 22, 2018, 01:29:31 »
Printed a final prototype on a slightly more accurate printer (at work) along with another prototype for the tacho/speedo drive plug and the ignition relocation bracket I have been working on.  Will try get the drawings for these done today ready for quotation requests.

• DTT SUPPORTER
    • Jadus Motorcycle Parts
« Reply #84 on: Feb 04, 2018, 10:23:06 »
A few updates...  I have been visiting the folks for a couple of weeks in Aus.  While I was there, my old man bought a project SR!  So cool.  He'll make himself a bit of a custom with Jadus parts and using the install vids I have done for youtube.  I also managed to salvage an old project.  I kept all the good bits - gave half to him (the big thing being the tricked out wheels) and kept half for my projects, then threw the rest.  I managed to recover a nice engine, a swing arm, some fork legs, rear sets, clip ons, carb, triple tree, mojave tank and a few other bits and pieces.

• DTT SUPPORTER
    • Jadus Motorcycle Parts
« Reply #85 on: Feb 05, 2018, 14:21:45 »
Been working on drawing up the geometry for a custom copper head gasket too.  A bit of fiddling in CAD and prototypes to get the hole positions correct!

Offline Sav0r

• ChrisLivengood.net
« Reply #86 on: Feb 05, 2018, 14:25:18 »
Put it on a flat bed scanner, insert the image into CAD, trace the image. Boom! I had to do this for a base gasket.
Sav0r the adventure.

Visit www.chrislivengood.net to get more information on my RD350 dubbed Mia Wallace as well as my other projects and snafus.

Instagram

• DTT SUPPORTER
    • Jadus Motorcycle Parts
« Reply #87 on: Feb 05, 2018, 15:52:02 »
Put it on a flat bed scanner, insert the image into CAD, trace the image. Boom! I had to do this for a base gasket.

Imma do that!  Thanks!  Rather stupid of me not to think of that...   :o

• DTT SUPPORTER
    • Jadus Motorcycle Parts
« Reply #88 on: Feb 07, 2018, 15:58:49 »
Bought a whole bunch of NOS parts from cmsnl a couple weeks ago.  Use them a lot actually - real good service too. 

https://www.cmsnl.com

• DTT SUPPORTER
    • Jadus Motorcycle Parts
« Reply #89 on: Feb 12, 2018, 13:39:39 »
Just as I am giving praise to cmsnl they send me the wrong part!  I got a rocker from an SR500 I think!  The other one was correct which was weird.  Still pretty awesome customer service though - they didn't require me to return the wrong part and send the correct part free of charge.  No biggie.  However this little mistake sparked a wider investigation into the SR250's rockers...  More to come.