www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

OUR ADS ARE FROM SUPPORTERS OF THE COMMUNITY - CONSIDER TURNING YOUR AD-BLOCKER OFF FOR WWW.DOTHETON.COM

Author Topic: First chop 2nd build  (Read 2548 times)

Offline 1fasgsxr

Re: First chop 2nd build
« Reply #30 on: Feb 10, 2018, 22:40:47 »
Looking nice sir
http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=41083.0

I eat cake because it's some ones birthday somewhere...

Offline bruders8146

« Reply #31 on: Mar 28, 2018, 04:51:02 »
I've been really busy at work lately so not really done much to the project.

I decided to change my rear shocks,I sent all my info and requirements to haygon and had some custom made.
I also had a play on the lathe to make some custom caps for the shocks, I've had them sent away and made in titanium along with a hex Allen fitting so I can tighten up. I'm dead happy with them.

I made a new side panel with some rubber edging to hide the box I made for the electrics.
On the electric side of things I went for a dyna s pulse generator and have also ordered the coils.  Dyna don't make a kit for the cb650 as the bike already has a electronic ignition however I wanted to delete and clean up the build without having the x2 spark units.

For this I had to remove all pickup on the dyna so I just had the base plate. I then stuck on the lathe and removed 10mm from this plate leaving a 82mm plate instead of the 92 the cb750,550 come with.

The black rota I had to bite out an extra 0.70 mm to allow this to sit in the advance rota shaft. While this all fitted well. I wasn't happy that the magnet on this rota wasn't 100% sat in between the two dyna pickups so made a washer of 1.25mm. This now sits bang on.
The rota moves beautifully and the advance arms swinging out. I just need to time it up.

Fitted a new chain.
And I'm currently polishing engine cases and float bowls.

I'm stuck for lighting now. I want to fit some rizoma leggera s to help with the clean look. However not sure if these comply with UK mot requirements.

Will send more picture later

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Offline spotty

• Vmax...why,yes i think i will
    • spottys world of vmax (and great danes)
« Reply #32 on: Mar 28, 2018, 21:32:37 »
those caps for the shockers look awesome, you should be knocking them out for sale

and screw the MOT's, you can always change them back once a year with a plate that attaches to the number plate with tail/brake light and indicators and put it right when you get home. it doesn't have to look pretty for an hour or two. maybe go down the local MOT station and ask them before you do it anyway. you'd be unlucky to get pulled by the cops for it, its the same as harley use now stock on a few of their bikes so just keep a pic of one on your phone and show anyone that objects
short fast loud, three things punk rock and vmaxs have in common

south of the border, down melbourne way

Offline bruders8146

« Reply #33 on: Mar 29, 2018, 03:47:13 »
those caps for the shockers look awesome, you should be knocking them out for sale

and screw the MOT's, you can always change them back once a year with a plate that attaches to the number plate with tail/brake light and indicators and put it right when you get home. it doesn't have to look pretty for an hour or two. maybe go down the local MOT station and ask them before you do it anyway. you'd be unlucky to get pulled by the cops for it, its the same as harley use now stock on a few of their bikes so just keep a pic of one on your phone and show anyone that objects
Good idea. Thanks

Offline bruders8146

« Reply #34 on: Apr 04, 2018, 04:35:44 »
Well I went through all that effort in building my carbs and then that dreaded ebay decided to get involved and send me some bits I may like.

So I bought a set of cr29 carbs for 550 which I thought was a compete bargain.

Then I went and bought some switch gear.

Because I'm fitting these carbs I'm debating if I should fit a oil cooler. Which will involve a adapter plate to be made. (More work)

On braking I'm thinking I may purchase the magura hc1 and a magura hymec to transform clutch from cable to hydraulic.

And lighting should be the motogadget 3 into 1 edge.

Slowly getting somewhere