Motorcycle wiring

Turtlejen

I'm trying to rewire the ignition into my GSXR 600 After some smart guy decided to steal it and hot wire it. Then a friend tried to wire it back and made it worse.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

1fasgsxr said:
What year ?
2006 gsxr 600
673ee9a79c6e886bd1ee35e4939db001.jpg

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Cant help ya much...I have an 02 1000 and a 98 750 I could have looked at for you or took pics..

sorry

What problems are you having? I'm assuming the wires were just cut from the switch?

Sonreir said:
What problems are you having? I'm assuming the wires were just cut from the switch?
Yes and I bought a kit from China with it ignition tank lock and seat lock I wired it in have power to everything but the start button someone told me it a motorcycle shop that the Chinese ignitions have no resistance so therefore they don't work kind of makes sense so I'm looking for an oem ignition now problem is I have to get the plugs to go with it one from the harness when from ignition turning into a real nightmare about ready to just buy that bypass off of eBay to have no ignition switch. Yes I do keep the bike in my living room now I don't trust my friends garages anymore

Ignitions shouldn't have resistance, so whoever gave you that info was mistaken. The only items on the bike that should have resistance are those components which consume power, not switch it. Resistance in a switch is a very bad thing.

That doesn't really answer the original question, though. What are the symptoms you're experiencing?

"Then a friend tried to wire it back and made it worse." doesn't give us much to go by. Assuming the new switch and the old switch were the same, the colors should match up and provided all of the wires are isolated from one another, there isn't much to go wrong.

I think he said that the starter button isn't working. Wiring on those is a little complicated compared to our old simple bikes, but there may be damage to the right bar switch or to the clutch lever or side stand switches which cut power to the starter button.

If he opens up the right switch and with bike in neutral and side stand down, he should have power to the red/black side of the starter button. If not, start at the clutch lever switch. The wires may have come off. The power comes from the run-off switch and if that has power, check the solenoid connections.

Wiring diagrams are available on line if he doesn't have a workshop manual. That would be a good place to start...

teazer said:
I think he said that the starter button isn't working. Wiring on those is a little complicated compared to our old simple bikes, but there may be damage to the right bar switch or to the clutch lever or side stand switches which cut power to the starter button.

If he opens up the right switch and with bike in neutral and side stand down, he should have power to the red/black side of the starter button. If not, start at the clutch lever switch. The wires may have come off. The power comes from the run-off switch and if that has power, check the solenoid connections.

Wiring diagrams are available on line if he doesn't have a workshop manual. That would be a good place to start...
Where? I hav' nt had much luck finding diagrams online. Especially where ignition are concerned.

Turtlejen said:
Where? I hav' nt had much luck finding diagrams online. Especially where ignition are concerned.

I will try all of this and get back to you later today. Thank you for your time.

Back
Top Bottom