Virago carb left over parts to identify

stevewag

Rebuilt these carbs from a 86' xv 1100 and have these springs left over
Does anyone know where they are supposed to go?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• 20171217_194956.jpg
    20171217_194956.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 273
Thanks for that. OMG those carbs are difficult to get back in the bike. I definently see the appeal of the single carb conversion

a hair dryer to warm the boots

a little bit of grease and they go in ok

I find it easier to put the boots on the carbs then put them in and bolt them down to the heads, the boots have a slot on one of the bolt holes so the inner bolt can be put in and tightened most of the way down, then the outer bolt canbe put in. I have a nice shape 10mm box end I can get on the inner bolts to tighten them.

SupDOHC said:
Pilot?

Sent from my VS425PP using Tapatalk

Dude go look at a parts fich. These carbs have an acv = air cutoff valve that those springs go in. They arent the cv springs or the air screw or the pilot circuit.

Maritime said:
Dude go look at a parts fich. These carbs have an acv = air cutoff valve that those springs go in. They arent the cv springs or the air screw or the pilot circuit.
Those are CV carbs look at the top cap what has 4 screws it holds the diaphragm.

Not arguing they are cv. They also have a acv circuit and those springs go in them. The cv springs are 5 x the size. Look at a fricken parts fich in bike bandit or something before you get all butt hurt. Cxman told him where the springs go. He was right. End of storey

SupDOHC said:
Slide carbs have air screws CV carbs have pilot jets.

Not exactly. All carbs have pilot jets. Slide carbs have air screws on the filter side of the slide and CV carbs have mixture screws on the engine side of the slide

SupDOHC said:
You're thinking of the starter set which is the choke right?

Not sure who the question was aimed at, but some carbs have an ACV that automatically actuates on decel to elimate popping and backfire from the exhaust. IIRC, they started showing up in bikes around the late 70s. They were not exclusive to cv carbs.

SupDOHC said:
You're thinking of the starter set which is the choke right?

No. Just the slow running circuit. Starter circuit is separate.

No idea. Seems to be confused and reluctant to think about what others are suggesting, but that could be the vagaries of trying to interpret tone and intentionality in a post.

Back
Top Bottom