www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

OUR ADS ARE FROM SUPPORTERS OF THE COMMUNITY - CONSIDER TURNING YOUR AD-BLOCKER OFF FOR WWW.DOTHETON.COM :)

Author Topic: 75 CB360 - bad omen "yatagarasu" build  (Read 2441 times)

Offline crazypj

• Split personality, I fake being smart
Re: 75 CB360 - bad omen "yatagarasu" build
« Reply #70 on: Jan 31, 2018, 10:50:13 »
Early 35mm CX500 forks with dual rotors,
Much lighter than 70's set-up plus more than adequate on a 350/360 (or even a 400 f  ;) )
The dual disc conversion I did on my XS650 used 'single rotor' rotors as they were larger diameter than the dual rotor set up
'you can take my word for it or argue until you find out I'm right'
Best thing I ever overheard
"yep, PJ's my boss, he taught me everything I know, just didn't teach me everything he knows"
Brian Morgan, 1982

CB360's,  http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=11736.0
XS650,  http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=11922.0

Offline irk miller

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
  • You've been mostly-dead all day.
« Reply #71 on: Jan 31, 2018, 11:16:39 »
Much lighter than 70's set-up plus more than adequate on a 350/360 (or even a 400 f  ;) )
The dual disc conversion I did on my XS650 used 'single rotor' rotors as they were larger diameter than the dual rotor set up
I used EX500 rotors which are even lighter.  It's still unnecessary weight, when one rotor and a dual pot caliper provide plenty of stop.

Offline MiniatureNinja

« Reply #72 on: Jan 31, 2018, 13:46:23 »

we have a cx500 sitting around so that may be a better way to go. the 350 will be more of a bobber and focused on looks rather than performance (i know i know) but I'm doing a lot of performance stuff to this bike already... I probably should have swapped the two bikes around actually

im gonna attempt the port job myself with a dremel, i've done it before on a set of Honda SOHC 4cyl heads from a car - so I sorta know what i am doing here. may take a while with a rotary tool but i dont have access to a compressor so that's what i get

Offline MiniatureNinja

« Reply #73 on: Jan 31, 2018, 20:43:19 »

also, choice between larger intake valves - or getting a new set of standard valves from say common motor and use the money saved to get barnett clutch discs instead of EBC ones ?

Offline crazypj

• Split personality, I fake being smart
« Reply #74 on: Feb 02, 2018, 16:58:53 »

im gonna attempt the port job myself with a dremel, i've done it before on a set of Honda SOHC 4cyl heads from a car - so I sorta know what i am doing here. may take a while with a rotary tool but i dont have access to a compressor so that's what i get

You would be a lot better off getting te Harbor Freight Tools  electric die grinder and a router speed controller. With 20% off coupon it will be a lot cheaper(particularly if you ave any 1/4" shank burrs)

I would use stock clutch discs with heavy duty springs. Nothing wrong with EBC, I've used them 'forever (European Brake Corporation -I'm British) Unless the original discs are actually damaged or worn below minimum thickness, just re-use them. The springs are almost always the problem. ( so far, I've never replaced clutch discs in any of my 360/378's)
 I would get the oversize intake valves, you don't need oversize exhausts
« Last Edit: Feb 02, 2018, 17:02:11 by crazypj »
'you can take my word for it or argue until you find out I'm right'
Best thing I ever overheard
"yep, PJ's my boss, he taught me everything I know, just didn't teach me everything he knows"
Brian Morgan, 1982

CB360's,  http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=11736.0
XS650,  http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=11922.0

Offline MiniatureNinja

« Reply #75 on: Feb 04, 2018, 20:36:34 »

painting top half of the blocks and jugs - I had painted the head this aluminum color but looking at it now I think I'll paint it all black

I chose gloss because it will be easier to clean off, and accent the polished side covers and exhaust I plan to use