www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

OUR ADS ARE FROM SUPPORTERS OF THE COMMUNITY - CONSIDER TURNING YOUR AD-BLOCKER OFF FOR WWW.DOTHETON.COM

Author Topic: Help please, whats it worth?  (Read 289 times)

Offline RichRoberts44

Help please, whats it worth?
« on: Feb 13, 2018, 18:21:17 »
So I have a CB900FZ project cafe racer bike I will never get round to finishing. The bike is 100% dismantled. Lower half of the engine was rebuilt but top half still needs doing. The contents are probably 90% there, biggest items missing are brakes and exhaust. It comes with new bearings, gasket set etc, a lot of de-rusted and painted parts.

What should I be looking to sell this for? I realize its hard without knowing exactly but ball park figures would be greatly appreciated!

Offline CrabsAndCylinders

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Careful With That Axe Eugene
Re: Help please, whats it worth?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 13, 2018, 18:59:34 »
What location are you in?
Lighter, Quicker, Faster.
ZX-14, 900F x 2, 1100F, R100, CBR600, SR500, GT500, RZ350, KZ1000 x 2, Moto Guzzi Lemans lll, CBX550, RD 350, 750 SOHC police special, RG250, TL1000R, GT750, KTM Super Duke 1290 R, Harris/Z-1, Norton 750 Commando, Green 77 KZ650

Offline Tim

• Administrator
  • DTT SUPPORTER
    • DO THE TON
« Reply #2 on: Feb 13, 2018, 19:53:13 »
Assembling the engine will likely more than double what you get for it.

A true basket case with the engine in pieces is a hard sell, unless the buyer already has a CB900FZ.  90% of your buying market will have zero experience putting an engine together.
"Quality . . . you know what it is, yet you don't know what it is. But that's self-contradictory. But some things are better than others, that is, they have more quality. But when you try to say what the quality is, apart from the things that have it, it all goes poof! There's nothing to talk about. But if you can't say what Quality is, how do you know what it is, or how do you know that it even exists? If no one knows what it is, then for all practical purposes it doesn't exist at all. But for all practical purposes it really does exist."

Offline J-Rod10

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
    • Slipstream Cycle Works
« Reply #3 on: Feb 13, 2018, 20:30:07 »
As described, less than $500, if it has a title.

Offline RichRoberts44

« Reply #4 on: Feb 14, 2018, 10:16:08 »
I'm in the UK. It has all the documentation and VIN number etc. Would it be better to break then? I just havent got the time to put it back together.

Offline J-Rod10

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
    • Slipstream Cycle Works
« Reply #5 on: Feb 14, 2018, 10:52:07 »
You'll likely get more coin breaking it up.