New member Quinte West, Ontario

whiskeytango923

Good day all!

I’m just completing my first build. This site has been a great help to me. I figured it is time to sign up and possibly contribute something towards this amazing hobby. Thanks for all the help and for having this platform for exchanging knowledge.

Cheers.

Attachments

• 1DBCF4BD-3766-4D15-A1D7-809E8C0146B5.jpeg
    1DBCF4BD-3766-4D15-A1D7-809E8C0146B5.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 185
Welcome from Montreal mate, good job on the build so far! Question - did you buy your K70's with the white writing on them already or did you paint that on? I have the same rubber on my ride (without the paint) and must say they look great with the white detailing.

Nice to have you! I come through the area often - have a cabin up near Kaladar / Sharbot Lake. You're in a great spot for riding unlike those of us in Toronto.

The Jimbonaut said:
Welcome from Montreal mate, good job on the build so far! Question - did you buy your K70's with the white writing on them already or did you paint that on? I have the same rubber on my ride (without the paint) and must say they look great with the white detailing.

Thanks man! I have some family in the MTL area, I am thinking of riding up there this summer.

For the K70’s, I used the universal touch up paint pen from crappy tire. It looks good now, but we’ll see how it holds up once I get her on the road this summer. It was easy to do with the wheels off, just filled up the letters with the paint and let it dry, took about an hour.

I dig your bike BTW, great job!

Attachments

• D9CBF691-126B-498C-81AB-9EAFD25CA0E8.jpeg
    D9CBF691-126B-498C-81AB-9EAFD25CA0E8.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 195
Tim said:
Nice to have you! I come through the area often - have a cabin up near Kaladar / Sharbot Lake. You're in a great spot for riding unlike those of us in Toronto.

Thanks man, its great to be here. Let me know when you’re coming through the area this summer, and we’ll go for a ride. You’re right, lots of great roads to get lost on and break down on in this area. 8)

Cool, be interesting to see how it holds up. I used a metallic gold sharpie to fill in the grooves that run around the top of the lower fork tubes on my CB 750 and was really surprised how well it held up. Pens...not just for chewing lids apparently.

Thanks for the compliment mate - if you're ever around these parts let me know and we'll go for a blat up the mountain and mark each other on our pothole-avoidance skills

Back
Top Bottom