unintentional environmentalists?

Rat_ranger

Coast to Coast
So if you think about it, building custom bikes or cars at home recycles a bunch of parts. My current bike has parts from 9 or 10 different vehicles.

Do you guys agree, or think I've lost my mind?

Reduce reuse recycle.

Reduced new bikes being made
Reused old parts
Recycled scrap metal from the leftovers

We’re environmental gods.

Ehhh, vintage motorcycles are terrible polluters compared with modern bikes. My kz1000 ain't passing no emissions test that's for sure

doc_rot said:
Ehhh, vintage motorcycles are terrible polluters compared with modern bikes. My kz1000 ain't passing no emissions test that's for sure

But how much pollution comes from making a new bike? Plus the environmental impact of mining the metals. All that plastic on new bikes is no good either.

farmer92 said:
But how much pollution comes from making a new bike? Plus the environmental impact of mining the metals. All that plastic on new bikes is no good either.

There was way more pollution from the means of manufacture than there ever will be from riding a vintage bike around. Especially considering how awful those older means are relative to new methods. Even more so if you consider oceanic transport.

Guess it depends on how much new crap you put on an old bike. Nearly everything on my 1000 is new so maybe it doesn't fall in the same category.

Let's not forget the "small" amount of materials in the earth that have to be mined and refined to make the batteries for the new wave of electric bikes. 21st century ethanol red herrings

Mr.E said:
Let's not forget the "small" amount of materials in the earth that have to be mined and refined to make the batteries for the new wave of electric bikes. 21st century ethanol red herrings
Some day Elon Musk may be honored as a visionary that saved the planet, or a maniac that doomed us. But, I like his rockets!

pidjones said:
Some day Elon Musk may be honored as a visionary that saved the planet, or a maniac that doomed us. But, I like his rockets!
Batteries sure aint gonna be cheaper when the materials cant be mined by african slave labor governed by local warlords anymore.

I like how Musk touts, his “Tesla is the first car to orbit the Sun”.

Ummm... ALL cars orbit the Sun!! :eek: ::) ::)

Redbird said:

what about this car?

Attachments

• 220px-Apollo15LunarRover2.jpg
    220px-Apollo15LunarRover2.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 413
Redbird said:

The Earth is flat and the sun orbits the earth. Change my mind.

Sav0r said:
The Earth is flat and the sun orbits the earth. Change my mind.

;)
For instance... we studied this in gunnery school.

https://loadoutroom.com/thearmsguide/external-ballistics-the-coriolis-effect-6-theory-section/

canyoncarver said:
;)
For instance... we studied this in gunnery school.

https://loadoutroom.com/thearmsguide/external-ballistics-the-coriolis-effect-6-theory-section/

I am of course joking. The earth clearly isn't flat, it's more pizza shaped. The pepperoni and the mushrooms are the stars and the planets and the gravity goes straight to my ass because I can't stop eating it.

Back
Top Bottom