Finished: Virago 920 Cafe

bbqb4racin

SIKK CYLS
Been a long time since I've posted here. Thought I'd show you what I put together for my oldest son. 1983 Yamaha Virago 920. She's about finished in these pics but I also have a stack of build pics too if anyone is interested.

9fSnl9p.jpg

UDBYR5w.jpg

awesome bike! I really love the look of the 920 engine and I wish I could find myself a chaindrive version to make a cafe bike out of!

MiniatureNinja said:
awesome bike! I really love the look of the 920 engine and I wish I could find myself a chaindrive version to make a cafe bike out of!

I friend of mine just picked up a nice XV920RH (chain drive) at auction for $800.

That Virago looks outstanding. When I look at a stock one it's hard to imagine that it can become what you did to it.

Great bike. Please do post some more pics. My next project is a TR1. What did you do to the engine? I want to rebuilt with fuel injection but having trouble finding pistons, high lift cams. (I am planning R1 front end, 916 rear with custom frame) Love the red and black

Popeye SXM said:
Great bike. Please do post some more pics. My next project is a TR1. What did you do to the engine? I want to rebuilt with fuel injection but having trouble finding pistons, high lift cams. (I am planning R1 front end, 916 rear with custom frame) Love the red and black

Engine is stock. The only thing I've done is delete the air box, install velocity stacks and hand build the custom exhaust system. The power this bike makes is good enough for my son. He certainly won't get in trouble with it. BTW, I did look into performance engine pieces for this bike. They are out there for a price. Still, I think a better bang for the buck would be to go with a small turbo. It's low compression and should react well to a turbo. Just my .02

Back
Top Bottom