Dynatek 2000 on a CB750 DOHC

rs_ss350

Just picked this up for my 82 Cb750 project. Just wondering if anyone had any tips before I dive in? Have been looking all over for any tutorials or posts but couldn't find anything specific to a dohc CB... though I'm sure some tips will apply all around.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dynatek-Dyna-2000-CDI-Ignition-Coils-Honda-CB-750-900-1100-DDK1-5C/140619354898?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Thanks!
Rob

Install a relay to provide power directly from the battery (use a 10A fuse). The wiring on the DOHCs for the ignition coils follows a strange pathway and the circuit ends up being fairly high resistance for what it is. A straight shot from the battery will definitely help to overcome this and ensure you have a healthy spark.

We have the necessary kit on our site for $30 if you'd prefer not to DIY.

Thanks! just checked it out on your site.. question: the original harness (i was noticing the roundabout routing on the black/white wires as i was installing yesterday) provides power when the ignition switch is on. I'm assuming there should be no issues with it being wired direct instead of switched?

Depends on what you mean.

You don't want power running to the ignition coils when the bike is turned off, but the relay will turn off when the bike does, so that's not an issue.

Thanks, I've ordered it. Eventually going to upgrade the whole system with an m-unit but want to make sure this install works well before digging into that, this way I can tell what stage i've messed up on :)

Back
Top Bottom