Reliability CB100

waldo101

Hello everyone,

I have almost completed my CB100 Cafe Racer Build, i have replaced most of the gaskets, new ignition system and new points and adjusted the tappets. I will probably be using this as my daily rider. i am wondering if anyone else has had experience using this bike and what the reliability is like with an almost 50 year old bike? ::)

First question, does it run now and how well?

There are quite a few variables with motos this old, but if you have good compression, no leaks, charging and ignition systems functioning properly, clean carb (and fuel), and a good state of tune, you should be blessed with many, many miles of smiles. Keep up with maintenance, make sure your everything is tight and lubed, and you should be good.

I had a CB100N as a teenager. Thrashed it mercilessly at least twice a day from stone cold, ragged it everywhere, abused it, never took particular care of it, and it never missed a beat. It had already been on the wrong side of a few hedges before I'd bought it.

If your build is good and tight, and you get it all properly dialled in then I wouldn't hesitate to rely on it for the commute. What a wonderful way to get to and from work.

Back
Top Bottom