I fell off the wagon

SquidHunter

Been Around the Block
Fell of the wagon this week, and scooped up this little gem. The po couldn’t ride it any more. He’s a retired motorcycle mechanic, and the bike runs good. Smokes and leaks a little, but overall I’m happy with the purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Attachments

• IMG_0007.JPG
    IMG_0007.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 290
You shouldn't have stopped going to meetings. Now you have to go through the twelve steps all over again.

Your still holding onto the wagon, you haven't started modding yet. You could even put that bike back to stock as it sits. I'd say it's time to grab the tools, and start making it your own. :)

Rat_ranger said:
Your still holding onto the wagon, you haven't started modding yet. You could even put that bike back to stock as it sits. I'd say it's time to grab the tools, and start making it your own. :)

The tail has been chopped unfortunately. I’ll probably mod the engine a bit, but I’m going to enjoy riding it as much as possible. At least until I finish up my other bike

SquidHunter said:
The tail has been chopped unfortunately. I’ll probably mod the engine a bit, but I’m going to enjoy riding it as much as possible. At least until I finish up my other bike

So? What's the deal on the 750F? Reliable yet? I know that problems can get real old when you've fought them for a while, but keep beating on it! You'll eventually get it.

pidjones said:
So? What's the deal on the 750F? Reliable yet? I know that problems can get real old when you've fought them for a while, but keep beating on it! You'll eventually get it.

Not reliable yet. I pulled the wiring apart on it, and it looks like the problem may have been my wiring job. Then we moved, lol. Haven’t had any time to wire it back up. When I do, I’ll wire it right. If it still gives me issues, I’ll go back to stock

Right on, I went crazy with my XS, it'll never see stock again. Even with the tail chopped the right part could be had from someone making a hardtail to go stock. But that is probably more work than its worth, and it looks pretty sharp as is.

Rat_ranger said:
Right on, I went crazy with my XS, it'll never see stock again. Even with the tail chopped the right part could be had from someone making a hardtail to go stock. But that is probably more work than its worth, and it looks pretty sharp as is.

I’ll enjoy riding it for a while. It still runs strong. I may go full chopper eventually, or whenever it’s time to refresh the motor. I’m just stoked to have a solid bike to build off of. The possibilities are exciting no doubt

It is easier to start with a good bike. Mine started as a rolling basketcase and took about 1.5yrs to "finish". But I had fun building it and now have fun riding it and that is what matters. The XS is a great bike to mod because it can go pretty much any direction.

I totally agree about the xs. I’ve seen them done so many different was, and I like them all. If and when I do change it, I’ll have to be in a good place with the right tools. I want to do it right the first time. I’ve never really dove into a project like that, so it’s a bit intimidating. Also, I’ll need to wait on a clear vision of what I want. I’m kinda all over the place on it.

I do love the way the motor looks, and I’m very pleased with the simplicity. Also love the way it rides

If nothing else, I was to at least brace the forks. They are a bit sloppy

After the bike sat up for a week of bad weather, I started taking stuff apart. I couldn’t resist. It has been smoking pretty bad out of the left cylinder.
I took the crank case vent filter off suspiciously, and the smoking quit. After taking it for a ride I lost the left cylinder.
Baffled by the time I got home, I pulled that spark plug and it was soaked in gas ‍♂️
Guess I’ll pull the carbs apart this weekend

Cam chain adjusted, valves within spec, carbs synced, and I installed a check valve on the crank breather. Smoking and oil leaks ceased. It was like freaking magic.

Now to change the oil again

Back
Top Bottom