What is the best Honda bike to buy, for a platform, rareness etc?

DrJ said:
Bradj doesn't like Honda because they never produced big street 2-stroke.

No they lack in comperison to there counter parts in ever cc range
Cb200 < rd200
cb350 < rd350
Cb360< a bicycle
Cb400<rd400 or a kaw 400 triple
Cb500<h1 or t500
Cb550<gt550
Cb650<xs650 or even a kz650
Cb750< h2 or even a gt750
Cb900<z1
And aside from power the none Honda I mentioned are more collected and
More valuable. Honda flooded the market with heavy mass produced shit.
Don't get made becouse I can see the forest through the trees.

SASO Racing said:
Yeah try not to let it bother you. It's just people that are trying to act tough and are just all around unintelligent redneck losers.

It's mostly regs who have chips on thier shoulders and are here for cutting people down and making jokes.
this is funny

Brodie said:
34637301.jpg

Bahahahaha, haven't seem him in a while. Never thought Trent would have made it into these forums.

plagrone said:
Hey fuck you buddy hahah
As long as you address the top end oil issues and put some some Gs850 pistons in they make for an alright bike.

But maybe that is because they have a little Suzuki in them. Hahaha.

Remember that rational guy that was vehemently angered by the harmless actions of others and which had no appreciable or compulsory effect on their livelihood or pursuit of their own course of happiness? Oh, right. It's 2014 and people honestly still argue about this shit forty-years after the fact. Then again somebody is obviously keeping Suzuki afloat. I've underestimated the collective power of idiots.

782171.gif

Want an old Honda that's easy to work with, stylish, nimble, cut and dry, has a cult following and available parts? Get an Ascot. The V, not the early parallel. It's only 500cc and modelled after flat track racers like the Harley XR-750 in appearance.

Counting MotoGP victories must hurt for Honda haters. Even in the two-stroke years I see a lot of Victory's wings in first...

Anyway back to the topic, if you are after a collectible Honda that is a decent platform for a Cafe keep an eye out for a C77. Or any C model Honda. They are of the era and have quite a nice style to them. Mind you a fair bit of the performance parts werw missing, sjuch as those models having pressed frames.

If you are after a true rare and endangered Honda keep an eye out for a CB77 Superhawk. Loft of race engineering went into those to become the supposed first "modern" Japanese motorcycle.

Disclosure: Alcohol has effected this post.

Redliner said:
Want an old Honda that's easy to work with, stylish, nimble, cut and dry, has a cult following and available parts? Get an Ascot. The V, not the early parallel. It's only 500cc and modelled after flat track racers like the Harley XR-750 in appearance.

Counting MotoGP victories must hurt for Honda haters. Even in the two-stroke years I see a lot of Victory's wings in first...

So a boring 500cc shaft drive v twin is the best you can think of? Wow...

And as for Honda in GP....well, you keep throwing mega bucks in the ring and you're bound to end up at the pointy end. Seriously, Doohan would have won as many titles on a Yamaha.

Essentially, man, build what appeals to you. Don't worry yourself with what everyone else thinks of your scooter. It's yours, not theirs. Doesn't matter if they like it, as long as you do.

hillsy said:
So a boring 500cc shaft drive v twin is the best you can think of? Wow...

Define "best."

hillsy said:
And as for Honda in GP....well, you keep throwing mega bucks in the ring and you're bound to end up at the pointy end.

1966 World Championship confirmed illuminati.

Redliner said:
Define "best."

I don't know - maybe you can?

The thread title is "what's the BEST Honda to buy, for a platform, rareness etc?"

I don't think the 500 Ascot v twin ranks near the top of the list of "best Hondas", but maybe I'm wrong.

hillsy said:
I don't know - maybe you can?

The thread title is "what's the BEST Honda to buy, for a platform, rareness etc?"

I don't think the 500 Ascot v twin ranks near the top of the list of "best Hondas", but maybe I'm wrong.

What are we measuring? Longevity, fun, ease of maintenance, aftermarket availability, customisability, top-speed, highway performance, arse-in-butt-stop force, agility, off road capability, ready availability, appearance, smell, pleasurable seat buzz, number of cup holders, babe magnetism... The OP left a very open ended question.

As previously mentioned, any C series, CBX, CX 500andf ANY of the two stroke sports bikes...NFR range ;)

Redliner said:
What are we measuring? Longevity, fun, ease of maintenance, aftermarket availability, customisability, top-speed, highway performance, arse-in-butt-stop force, agility, off road capability, ready availability, appearance, smell, pleasurable seat buzz, number of cup holders, babe magnetism... The OP left a very open ended question.

You're right and I agree - a very open question.

Ultimately I think the question is supposed to be measuring bandwagonness.

SASO Racing said:
I also realise there is no "best" and to each his own.

Basically, he asks the question in the title and then answers it himself in the last line of his post. :eek:

My guess is he's just looking to stir up a discussion and hear a variety of opinions. If so, he succeeded. ;)

Back
Top Bottom