What is the best Honda bike to buy, for a platform, rareness etc?

If your looking for a babe magnet and rare as chicken fangs, this 1961 Honda C100 special chrome edition, will fit the bill. I'll bet you cant find more than three on the internet.

Attachments

• 025.JPG
    025.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 215
Scooter trash said:
If your looking for a babe magnet and rare as chicken fangs, this 1961 Honda C100 special chrome edition, will fit the bill. I'll bet you cant find more than three on the internet.

If the chrome tank domestic CB350 does exist, I have yet to find a single one online. That might take that award.

Similar to this

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417325134.718598.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417325134.718598.jpg
    212.3 KB · Views: 970
It's a domestic "Dream 250". I believe it was exported in limited numbers. The part number is consistent with the 250 and the 350 uses the same tank. All I'm going off of is a museum photo that shows a "CB350" emblem on aluminium side covers with this tank so I still can't be certain it was manufactured at all. Just another tall tale.

Again, the tanks for 250 and 350 models are interchangeable so how sweet would it be to put one of these on a 350? You might track one down if your Japanese is numba wun good.

Scooter trash said:

Except if you're in Oz - they look like a Postie bike...

postieburnout[1].jpg

For $10k I'd buy a nice clean, second hand Aprilia Touno V4R.

Honda and rare are typically not used in the same sentence.

SASO Racing said:
-What do you think is the best Honda bike, if you had a lot of money $10k + to buy whatever you wanted and do a custom or restoration what motorcycle would it be?

I also realise there is no "best" and to each his own.

"Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?" ::)

I think the TT500 is a bike that will appreciate exponentially soon. They weren't sold in huge quantities because they were a few years before the cafe rage hit.

358236-honda-gb-500-tt-clubman

4eyes said:
I think the TT500 is a bike that will appreciate exponentially soon. They weren't sold in huge quantities because they were a few years before the cafe rage hit.

358236-honda-gb-500-tt-clubman

that is what i was calling a GB500 earlier, lovely machine, those motors can be breathed on a bit they were pretty slo out the door

Don't you dare say there slo xb there so rad that Honda only sold like 7 of them

I'm not gonna read through five pages to check if anyone has mentioned this yet, but the only right answer to this question is the Honda NR.

75_1526.jpg

Sonreir said:
I'm not gonna read through five pages to check if anyone has mentioned this yet, but the only right answer to this question is the Honda NR.

75_1526.jpg

I can only imagine what that thing looks like naked

The engine, from the outside, is kinda standard sport bike fare, but the inside of the engine is amazing.

V4 with gear driven cams and oval pistons. Eight (yes, eight) valves per cylinder.

pho_02.jpg

and they sound amazing 8) at least the 500cc GP version did at 22,000 rpm at laguna seca with fast freddie on board

anything more than 4 silanders were banned from gp racing ...... honda says, ok we do 4 cyrinder , how you rike me now ??

That was a lot of effort put into a proof(?) of concept. I don't believe the oval piston has been done since, especially with the preference to two-strokes.

If you actually plan to obtain anything like this, the Honda race replicas can offer a small taste. NS400 anyone? It's based off of Freddie's winning NSR500.

They also had four-stroke NC and RC replicas, but where's the fun in that compared to a triple smoker? That's not to say I wouldn't have the first one that came up for sale ;D

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417558980.168835.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417558980.168835.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 227
Back
Top Bottom