Exhaust Decal

nategs550

Hey guys hopefully posting this in the correct section. I'm making a yoshimura "clone" exhaust pipe I guess you'd call it for my GS750.
319a932c86ee9db8b0b9124f3ba1a027.jpg
I want to recreate this logo. Making it is no problem but I'm not sure the material to use. Would vinyl live well here or some other material?

Vinyl won't work. It melts at too low of a temp. You're going to need something specialized if you want it as a sticker. The adhesive and the sticker will both need to be high temp.

A better option might be an anodized aluminum label, like the kind they use on water heaters. These often need to be riveted instead of using adhesive, though. Additionally, I don't know of anyone who would do single printings of these, as the setup costs are not cheap. Expect to spend several hundred dollars.

The best option would be to find and buy one that's already ready to go. Maybe something like this?http://www.ebay.com/itm/151702056059

How about silk screen onto aluminum foil tape that HVAC contractors use? Its maximum hold temperature is 325 degrees F.

An original one is next to impossible to find and the motorwerks copies are $600+ if you can find one. If I can copy the copy why not?

Back
Top Bottom