www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

GET DTT UPDATES ON FACEBOOK AND TWITTER

Author Topic: XV750 "Twisted Cafe" project. An ever evolving vision.  (Read 37972 times)

Offline biker_reject

OK.  So far, I have completed my rear to front conversion, only using 18" XJ wheels.  I have chopped the frame a la Sepp Koch, and am fitting my lightweight '05 R6 monoshock (beautiful piece of work).  I have settled on a Paul Smart replica seat cowl and after having seen a Paul Smart replica Ducati 1000S, may even go with a half fairing.  This is my rendering, albeit a bit crude.  What do you all think?  Do-able?
« Last Edit: Dec 07, 2011, 14:25:29 by biker_reject »

Offline biker_reject

Re: XV750 "Twisted Cafe" project. An ever evolving vision.
« Reply #1 on: Dec 07, 2011, 14:28:43 »
As she sat this summer.  Wheels on.  Not chopped yet

Offline biker_reject

« Reply #2 on: Dec 07, 2011, 14:29:33 »
Frame chopped...

Offline biker_reject

« Reply #3 on: Feb 15, 2012, 00:39:29 »

The next pic is from a builder in NC whose project looks so similar to mine, that we started PMing.
I plan to use a Paul Smart replica seat in hopes of building something like the 1000s Duc
Doc's Chops (?) is also an inspiration as is Sepp Koch's designs...

Offline biker_reject

« Reply #4 on: Feb 15, 2012, 00:42:13 »
Taking my cue from Johnny Ryland at Classified Moto.  He explained the steering stem swap technique to me.

Offline biker_reject

« Reply #5 on: Feb 15, 2012, 00:58:04 »
My roller, frame chopped in the late fall.  R6 monoshock mocked up to replace massive stock air shock.  This aluminum unit probably weighs less than half that of the stocker.  Frame back from welder last Friday.  Wintry mix hit and frame got a bit of rust on the bare parts.  New upper shock mount, open ends of frame capped, lower frame capped (not shown in pic)

Offline DP9

« Reply #6 on: Feb 15, 2012, 17:53:45 »
sick, man.   thanks for the pm.

love these things, and yours is looking good already.
BoneDaddy: "It's like genocide without the guilt and nobody is mad about it."

74 CB360 Project: Little Boy (first bike and build) - http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=22976.msg243623#msg243623

80 Kawi KZ750 twin Project: Warhorse - http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=23885.0

Offline biker_reject

« Reply #7 on: Feb 15, 2012, 17:58:58 »
I wish I had access to a Paul Smart seat to see how it would look.  Hate to buy something and have it look weird or be impossible to line up.

Offline devon

« Reply #8 on: Feb 15, 2012, 18:51:51 »
My god, everytime I see that XV750 done by Docs Chops i drool! I already get a serious hard on for those benelli tanks but what they did is an absolute work of art!

I'm loving your idea of Duc replica, should look amazing.

Offline biker_reject

« Reply #9 on: Feb 16, 2012, 12:19:28 »
I remember not too long ago, Benelli tanks being pretty cheap.  Now, you can hardly find them.  I think Johnny Ryland bought them all! Doc's Chops' bike is exquisite, for sure.  If the Paul Smart seat works out, the next difficulty will be creating the exhaust pipes, which I will have to outsource.  I befriended a dude at a local Midas shop who said he could fab up a system for me with no problem.  Hope he's still working there and hope he wasn't feeding me a line.  :-D  Tomorrow, I plan to visit a local bearing supplier to find the proper front wheel bearings to fit the R1 axle.