Post a pic of your motorcycle as it sits

Working on rear shock mounts
m4gTA5Ml.jpg

I suppose this is as good of a thread as any for my first post...

Sidenote: using this app for the first time too, hopefully the pic goes right.

Attachments

• 1478115207453.jpg
    1478115207453.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 243
This is how my current project sits...

Fortunately, I have 2 others that actually run. :) However, winter is fast approaching in the Great White North. :eek:

Tune-A-Fish© said:
Dat Tank :eek: preserve that mang!

Oh ya. It's staying as is. :D I love the look of patina from the 70's. :)

working on figuring out how I want to re tube the rear, I want it narrower and lower a bit.....need to figure out which real tank to swap out or build one so I can hurry up and commit. Not sure exactly what it'll be when I'm done, cafe, brat, scrambler, thingy. Any ideas are much welcomed!

Attachments

• 2016-11-02 17.42.08.jpg
    2016-11-02 17.42.08.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 220
cbrianroll said:
working on figuring out how I want to re tube the rear, I want it narrower and lower a bit.....need to figure out which real tank to swap out or build one so I can hurry up and commit. Not sure exactly what it'll be when I'm done, cafe, brat, scrambler, thingy. Any ideas are much welcomed!
If you don't want your fake tank parts, let me know. I'm working on a 78 GL1000 myself.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

cbrianroll said:

A friend of mine and a member here used a kz550 tank and just strapped it on with a canteen belt. 8)

Now, I'm NOT a Honda Guy at all, but I seriously LOVE that bike. 8)

I believe he still has it, and that would be how it still sits. ;) :)

That is actually what got me wanting a goldwing!! And i really dig the tubework around the seat area! That and the kaleidoscope build i like alot! Can't seem to find a decent cheap tank...I'll definitely keep you in mind if I find a tank, I was thinking building one that fits under the false one....wouldn't hold alot of fuel though.

cbrianroll said:

Need any parts?

ef1afdeb973ef5bde99fcb64d46ef3c3.jpg

This is my 1100 as it sits (in progress).
9662b1ecd84644c664441fda9ee83515.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lostboy said:
Need any parts?

ef1afdeb973ef5bde99fcb64d46ef3c3.jpg

This is my 1100 as it sits (in progress).
9662b1ecd84644c664441fda9ee83515.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks,, i appreciate it !! But mines in great shape, runs perfect. (Now lol) I think I just gotta fab some stuff now, I just gotta order some tubing maybe some sheet steel and get motivated.....it's rain season here until may ha ha so I've still got time...mobtownmatt is looking for fake tank parts though!

Drewski said:
A friend of mine and a member here used a kz550 tank and just strapped it on with a canteen belt. 8)

I believe he still has it,

yeah, he still had it as of this spring, rode up a mountain with him and E somewhere around Ashville nc.

1bd96ac8b32ced63829890e3d60ebd81.jpg

It truly is an awesome bike! If I remember right, he had to do some pretty heavy frame mods to get that kz tank to fit on there.

I think I saw that bike at the last MotoSocial gathering here in Toronto

Bit of a pig, but a cheap ride and serves its purpose. Hard bags can be added in about 10 minutes if going on the road. PITA to put her in dry storage and so she got a new dress the other day...$20 at Walmart.

100_1709_zpsalrqp0kc.jpg

100_1710_zps3lyx5lgl.jpg

100_1755_zpssh2bpegz.jpg

Back
Top Bottom