NEVERWAS-Yamaha Reality Perforator

Did a little bit today as I had to get the gas out and weld some bits for 360.
Made something very 'interesting'
Not going to post pics until it's done and fitted though, don't want anyone building same before me ;D
Progress is very very slow on 650 (800) for various reasons.

Having temporary crown re-fitted Monday 9:00am.
It 'fell off' Friday morning, dentist didn't know what to do so referred me to an orthodontist (had a root canal 'done' :eek:
As soon as it's done I'm off to work to do double shifts for 3 weeks.
Going to be a long day, don't get home until 12:45am Tuesday morning then have to be back there by 11:00am :(

~BUMP!~

SO HEY - Crazy Pajamas! Did you ever finish this bike?

I've gotta say, it's a fascinating oddity. The 800cc mods sound interesting. Curious to know just what the maximum performance can BE on an XS650. I don't even own one, but I'm curious all the same.

I guess I've often considered the XS as an alternative motor upgrade for the "KZ440LOL", instead of a possible KZ750B version down the line, or better still swapping the frame & motor out for an H1 500cc too-smoke triple!!!

But yeah, I'm curious about this bike for a whole bunch of reasons. Not least of which, the enormous beach-bar shape of the clip-on bars you fitted, then the extended swinger and huge tractor fender from Princess Auto, combined with the green paint -

Gets me thinking it was gonna be a JOHN DEERE tribute bike! Ha-ha.

Actually, I think that's been DONE already.....

I'm also wondering about the Talon MX hub in billet, with the additional DIY billet spacer - how does the weight on that hub - especially in DIY spacer form, compare to the original CAST alloy hub? I suppose once a person goes down that path of utter butt-fugliness which is the USD fork swap, it seems SENSIBLE to put gold anodized billet SHITE all over the damn bike? I dunno. But I'm curious to see what sort of wheel it was laced into.

There's just so much WEIRDNESS assembled into this one build thread, I just have to ask whether and where it's headed. And then there was mention of your health issues, so I worried that something shitty had happened. I'm much relieved to see you're active on the site just today - and yet no activity either here OR on the XS site thread, for several years now.

Was it just too Friggin' WEIRD, even for you???

-S.

The Talon hub was for a friend in Ma., can't remember what he fitted wheel into.
He gave me the blue Ltd Edition Suzuki GSX-R USD forks for the work as he had a second pair to use for his build
They are the exact length for CB360 so I started building 'Blue Bike' but that also stalled out. :(
The Sportster tank has been cut up to fit a Honda 250 custom, I'll post some pics when I remember where I put them :eek:
Bike is still sitting out the back of house, haven't had time, money or inclination to do anything with it since I was laid off (and had various other issues - see avatar)
I'm not selling anything off and still have plans, things are just taking way longer than I care to think about

Back
Top Bottom