Gsxr forks for kawa

M

morgs88

Hello, next project is a Kawasaki gt750..
Very warming to the ideal of the Suzuki gsxr 750/1000 upside down forks.
Have seen them on Honda cx various times. But has any one idea if they would fit a Kawasaki..... cheers

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

https://www.allballsracing.com

No modern forks "fit" vintage bikes, but they can be mounted. It really plays with the take and trail (hence kits like Cognitos triple trees) so you need to do some proper planning to keep the bike safe to ride.

Anything will fit but the amount of work it takes can vary. You may get away with just a steering bearing swap but my guess is the Gsxr steering stem will be too short for proper thread engagement. You may be able to swap your Kawi stem into the Gsxr lower triple clamp by welding or bushing then welding it. Or you can do like SF suggests and have Cognito Moto or another custom machining company design all the necessary pieces for you.

Whatever way you choose, take the drastic reduction in ground clearance into consideration.

Later, Doug

Are the forks that much shorter??

morgs88 said:
Are the forks that much shorter??

They’ll most likely be around 1.5” or more shorter. Plus if you’re switch to the 17” wheel you’ll lose another 1” there too.

Later, Doug

Streetfighterkz said:
They’ll most likely be around 1.5” or more shorter. Plus if you’re switch to the 17” wheel you’ll lose another 1” there too.

Later, Doug

Can afford to lose a inch or so on the bike!
Shame I can’t gain it else We’re and keep the misses happier

Here's a chart that gives you actual measurements to compare instead of guessing whether something will or will not work:

150.jpg

There's an 18mm difference in length between 600 and 1000 forks, for example. If you have a press, it makes it way easier to do the swap if the stem lengths don't jive. 600 and 750 steering stems are 257mm. Not sure about the 1000s.

Don't forget, there's also CBR and R1 and TL1000r to consider.

Thanks irk miller legend

Back
Top Bottom