2015 DTT/UK show ?????????

beachcomber

TJ - Beachcomber
DTT SUPPORTER
OK - so as not to jack the thread, I'll post up seperately to see what interest there is. POSTED

When I originally asked Tim if we could have our own "DTT/UK" area, he was very enthusiastic - and it would be great if we could establish the DTT/UK as a meaningful presence in the UK.

Several peeps were involved right at the outset and were happy to assist in getting a meet sorted.

There's the major Classic shows, but they're all a bit "formal" ....... I was thinking of something like the Cholmondely [ Chumly ] Pageant of Speed [ something like that ! ] which is a bit like Goodwood without the toffs and wankers [ and has sensible prices ].

It's an interesting show anyway and very club friendly. I'm pretty sure "Surplus" of this parish has a marquee / similar.

Having done shows for the past 40 years [ Auto ], I know it takes a lot of organising. I'm up for that as long as I can get some back up from you guys.

Behave yourself Titans ....................... top bikes will always be top bikes [ even strokers ! ]

I don't see this as a "BritBike" deal anyway ........... in fact a catholic selection accross the board will show the public what the DTT is all about.

It's important that we know who is definitely interested and once committed - will turn up.

I'll sort out the details for Chumly to see if it's viable.

The list starts here ........................................

Tim said:
Keep me posted and let me know how I can help in any way.

Thanx for your support Tim ..... first off we need permission to use the relevant Logos, and I guess I'll need official permission to act on the DTT's behalf here in the UK.

I want to get this right - you never get a second chance to make a first impression

Perhaps it would be best to take a stand/area at an existing show as opposed to getting one off the ground running?

There are the classic ones (Stafford, Kempton park etc) or getting a shoe horn into a new wave one such as The Bike Shed or something similar?

So long as there is a decent exhibit standard for a show, that would be the main criteria for me. I want to see stuff that I aspire to match the quality of rather than be looking at hashed up shit that just looks `cool` and doesnt function as a motorcycle.

Green199 said:
Perhaps it would be best to take a stand/area at an existing show as opposed to getting one off the ground running?

There are the classic ones (Stafford, Kempton park etc) or getting a shoe horn into a new wave one such as The Bike Shed or something similar?

Hell no, the Cholmondeley Pageant of Speed is a GBFO show over a long weekend. I think it's in it's 5th year. Certainly not a "new" show. It's pretty well Midlands based and has "biker friendly" prices. Punch in the above details to check it out.

Anyway - at the moment it's only one suggestion.

UK Mark said:
So long as there is a decent exhibit standard for a show, that would be the main criteria for me. I want to see stuff that I aspire to match the quality of rather than be looking at hashed up shit that just looks `cool` and doesnt function as a motorcycle.

Quality will NOT be the problem - check out the work of Miffa, Titan and others of this parish - being SELECTED to represent the DTT/UK might be more of an issue !

UK Mark said:
I didnt mean that to sound as I imagine it could be interpreted.

No foul Mark ................... I've already commented on your awesome build ! I've also learned over the years that the written word [ especially electronically abbreviated ] can be open to various interpretations. Your comment is completely valid - and it goes without saying that some builds will be better than others. I guess we were all that novice once.

I'm making a valid point though ........ I think we will find there's a finite amount of bikes we can get in - maybe 10 - 12, and it would hopefully be representative of all points of our hobby - Brit stuff, Jap stuff, complete one-offs - even strokers [ only joking Titan boys !!! ].

It would be nice to be in a situation where we HAVE to make a cut off !

All potential displays will be previously screened by simple photo / description.

The Chumley folks are not available for the 2015 show details until later this month. As soon as they contact me, I'll check details and flag them up.

Theres a large motorcycle shop just outside Chesterfield that have good facilities for holding a show. They have a Cafe and a really big carpark at the front with bench seating.

Its 10 minutes from Junction 29 of the M1, so is easy to get to and pretty central for a Midlands meeting. They often have 2-stroke Sundays and classic gatherings and its a real nice place.

Not sure if this would be something you would consider, but I bet they would be glad to accommodate a show. pm me if youd be interested in talking to them and I`ll tell you what its called and who to speak to.

UK Mark said:
Theres a large motorcycle shop just outside Chesterfield that have good facilities for holding a show. They have a Cafe and a really big carpark at the front with bench seating.

Its 10 minutes from Junction 29 of the M1, so is easy to get to and pretty central for a Midlands meeting. They often have 2-stroke Sundays and classic gatherings and its a real nice place.

Not sure if this would be something you would consider, but I bet they would be glad to accommodate a show. pm me if youd be interested in talking to them and I`ll tell you what its called and who to speak to.

pm ON IT'S WAY mARK .......... DO THEY HAVE CAMPING FACILITIES ???

miffa said:
about to start a new keeper project which may be of interest 1960 model 31 AJS 650 CSR don't really know which way to go with it as yet ,but should make a decent bike not run for over 20 years but apparently parked up / dry stored as a strong runner, how many times have we heard that ;D ;D

The BSA now as twin monobloc carbs off a 1964 norton 99 made my own manifolds to convert the single carb head to twin ,but not that pleased with the carbs but they look sexy, so looking for a decent 626 concentric 28mm to match one i have and try again :-\

its all good fun

Keep us posted on that one !

Judging from the Cholmondeley web site, the event looks very "Goodwoodesque". This year it was held in the middle of June.....hope it's not TT time if it's the chosen show !

Titan performance said:
Judging from the Cholmondeley web site, the event looks very "Goodwoodesque". This year it was held in the middle of June.....hope it's not TT time if it's the chosen show !

"Goodwoodeque" - without the pretentious pricks and sky high prices !!!

There was talk of a move to July - as soon as I get the dates / info, I'll post up.

It's still only a suggestion though.

sorry, been in hibernation lol
I do indeed have a show stand/gazebo thingy, 6m x 3m I'm willing to bring along to events. I have no bike for this year but I may have for 2016 (my 50th b'day pressie to myself)

I went to the Bike Shed show last year and it was excellent, a great mix of brats, chops, specials and street rods. Definitely going again this year, it's in late May, Tobacco Dock, Central London.

Back
Top Bottom