easy start

twade76

Alright guys,

Having a few issues starting my bike at the moment with the damp and cold and I was wondering if using some easy start was going to damage my engine as its only a little 125!

Tom.

Don't overdo the Easy Start !

best solution when you have some time - check over the ignition system for bad connections etc.

cheers,

I use the choke to get her started, but I find I end up jump-starting it fairly often.

Works fine during the day or if I've used it in the last few hours, but the early morning starts can be a challenge.

It's a kick-start btw.

twade76 said:
cheers,

I use the choke to get her started, but I find I end up jump-starting it fairly often.

Works fine during the day or if I've used it in the last few hours, but the early morning starts can be a challenge.

It's a kick-start btw.

Condition of the battery ...................... could be an issue.

The battery is less than a month old, the wiring is a bit shoddy in places though so it could be some corroded connections.

I'm putting a new tank and seat on her over the next couple of weeks so i'll take the opportunity to check and clean all of the electrics.

Tom.

Could be a leaky rectifier. A bad diode would cause a short, draining the battery while the key is off. Disconnect your ground cable and connect an ammeter in-line. Should read 0.00A.

Back
Top Bottom