Newbie with CB750K4 Cafe racer project

Lammytrev

Just starting out on my first cafe racer build.
Hi everyone, I'm Trev &'just started my first Cafe racer project. Here's a pic of my CB750K4 frame, lightened of unwanted metal before heading off for powder coating. I'll keep posting as I progress.
My inspiration comes from Carpys for traditional looks & Cognito .moto for trick electrics
If anyone has any advice or comments then I'd be pleased to hear them
Cheers

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    491.6 KB · Views: 282
Got any pics of how you want it to look when done?
This is my pal's CR750 pictured at the Crosby Hotel during this year's TT. The Kettle is one of mine.

Attachments

• TT 2015 005.JPG
    TT 2015 005.JPG
    433.9 KB · Views: 272
Great looking bikes, I'd love a CR750, maybe that'll be the next project. I've attached a pic of the kind of thing I'm aiming for. Do you guys have a shop, Titan?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 643
Lammytrev said:
Great looking bikes, I'd love a CR750, maybe that'll be the next project. I've attached a pic of the kind of thing I'm aiming for. Do you guys have a shop, Titan?

They're [Titan] one of our top Brit guys ... check out their superb - work even though I'm not a stroker fan !!

Keep the pix coming - personally I'm a fan of the period racer look, but then I AM embedded in the sixties !

welcome in lammy ;) look forward to ya thread some great help n inspiration on here we all need it at some point ::) haha hope ya got a good powder guy I got me arse bit getting last frame done up here in Leeds :'( always here for Q's & A's

Liking your inspiration picture Lammy.....very classic lines, the 750 lends itself nicely to a cafe conversion. Good luck with it, keep the great pics flowing.

beachcomber said:
They're [Titan] one of our top Brit guys ... check out their superb - work even though I'm not a stroker fan !!

Keep the pix coming - personally I'm a fan of the period racer look, but then I AM embedded in the sixties !

Thanks very much for the info, I'll check out what they've done.
Loads of parts out for work currently so pics of build to follow in a few weeks

yorkie350 said:
welcome in lammy ;) look forward to ya thread some great help n inspiration on here we all need it at some point ::) haha hope ya got a good powder guy I got me arse bit getting last frame done up here in Leeds :'( always here for Q's & A's

Cheers, glad to be here. Great powder coated, they did quite a lot on my last project, the Dragstar in my profile pic :D

Titan performance said:
Liking your inspiration picture Lammy.....very classic lines, the 750 lends itself nicely to a cafe conversion. Good luck with it, keep the great pics flowing.

It's great isn't it, built by Carpys in Anaheim CA ( although he's a Brit expat)
As mentioned, more pics to follow as parts start to arrive back. Wheels out at CWS for rebuilding, frame & parts at Powder coaters, fork stanchions being refurbed, all I've got to do currently is polish!!

Titan performance said:
Polish.......and raid your post office savings !!
It's not a cheap job building a nice bike.
I know bud, built many scooters over the years & the Dragstar in the pic....well worth the investment when done properly though eh?

The rebuild starts, forks all built up today. Front wheel & frame should be back by Friday :D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 241
So, progress being made, hoping to have a rolling chassis by mid october :D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 236
Lammytrev said:
So, progress being made, hoping to have a rolling chassis by mid october :D
Swing arm in this morning too