Classic TT 2015

UK Mark

Been Around the Block
Classic TT at the Isle of Man starts in just a weeks time. I'm travelling over on Friday and will only be there for practise week, but am really looking forward to the trip.

Taking a couple of bikes over, so will have a ride around the island. Shame my old bike isn't ready, but it will be good to have a blast round.

Have fun and ride safe Mark - I'll be charging round the lanes of Saxony at the same time !

How did it go Mark? Some of my pals went for race week, and return this coming Monday. I have been in regular contact with them, and they have had a great time, the weather was kind to them too.

Watched the senior class other day ... Man Dunlop is one fast rider ! Did they say how his brother was ?

Titan performance said:
How did it go Mark? Some of my pals went for race week, and return this coming Monday. I have been in regular contact with them, and they have had a great time, the weather was kind to them too.

I went over in our truck, but had to come back after practise week due to work (Bah). What an awesome place and event to experience though. We parked up in the paddocks next to the local rider we supported, so it was a cracking place to be.

First couple of evenings practise was cancelled due to rain and so on, which was a bit crap as it was really dry and relatively sunny during the day. First session saw 4 riders parting company with their bikes and oil spilt on the road saw an early end to that evening.

Our guy was amongst one of those riders and your hearts in your mouth until you hear news of how they are. Aside from a few broken and chipped teeth, with a fair amount of aches and pains, he was cleared to get back on, so we set about fixing his bike up.

Comradeship from fellow riders was great as we didn't have a spare exhaust, fairing and a couple of other odds and sodds, but we soon had the parts we needed and got his bike through scrutineering the next day. seeing this guy get straight back on and ride it as hard was beyond me. Total respect for all of those riders!

We took my dads SV, so I borrowed that a couple of days to have a jolly around and it's not the smooth Tarmac surface I imagined. Also rode my XR 400 around, which turned heads as it sounds like an old British thumper.

I can't wait to go again next year. My Weslake should be going around in the parade and it's such a shame it wasn't ready for this season.

Managed to clock a load of miles up on the mountain bikes too, but jeez, there's so many hills when your pedalling :)

Glad to hear you enjoyed your trip Mark...how could you not? The racing is spectacular, and the Island is beautiful, a little sympathy from the weather, and you have all the ingredients for a cracking holiday !
Will you be going again...in race week?

Well next years race week falls within the kids 6 weeks holiday, so I might be able to swing it for practise and race week. The Mrs might take some convincing, but my son who came with us and expects to go again next year, would have liked to stay longer so it may happen.

Fish, chips and mushy peas where also memorable

Fine dining indeed at the Port Jack chippie no doubt?
Also highly recommended, cream tea at the Cozy Nook cafe in Port Erin.

Yep, Port Jack chippie it was, but we dined across the road on the bench taking in the ocean air....... Ahhh bliss

We've got fridge, cooker and microwave in the truck, so didn't do much eating out as it keeps costs down. I even brought a few pints of blue top milk back home from the supermarket over there as it was ace on my shreddies.

The Nortons brought over by the National Motorcycle Museum was worth a visit. Watching seven of them run around for a lap was a real treat and the noise was something so different.

Just loads to look at and I can see why people keep going back time and time again.

Know it well. We also sat on the grass and scoffed our teas this year..
I once saw Manx man Steve Colley on the goggle box, and he rode his trials bike up that very steep drop at speed, and jumped over the railings and landed on the road ! It doesn't actually look possible.....

Ferry is now booked for the Classic TT 2016, so we are going again. Same team, me, my son and my dad. The local chap we are supporting uploaded a video from one of his races from this year.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UQkc7rSqZfw

Superb on board footage.....refreshing to see a film with the camera correctly positioned for a change. Usually the screen is full of clocks or fairing. Just one criticism.....do away with the music ! The engine revs are sufficient for me.

I'm with you regarding music, I also prefer just the engine noise, but it's Shaun's video :)

Back
Top Bottom