Saddest time of the Season

cqyqte

Grumpy retired oldtimer... "eat a Snickers bar"
:( The best of our riding days are passed for the season, many of us are south of the border at the Barber Festival and for most of us in southern Ontario this represents the nearing end of riding season. Sure there are those with the benefit of the downtown mini ecosystem that enables you to ride almost throughout winter months but for those of us in rural parts once the temperature dips to single digits winter locks in and the wheels find cover in garages and sheds.

The sad thing about living in the northern climate there isn't a true season ender, a gathering to pull the masses together, I mean a big-one. Most big events exist in the mid winter months to spark our interests, revive our love of the freedom on the tarmac, to loosen the ties on our wallets to spend money in preparation for the coming season. It shocks me that more vendors haven't figured out the Canadian marketplace. Now is the time that most of us begin to plan our winter-to-do-list, those ambitious wants to change the scoot from it's present existance to something we can call our own custom.

If I was more ambitious I would plan something, gather sponsorship, build interest to throw down a meet in a central location close to some of our fine Ontario roads, "the River Run", "Hockley Valley", "the Forks", "Concession 8 Notawasaga Rd" and others, meet up with other enthusiasts choke down a burger, talk about our winter mods list and then part ways to dance with the tar-snakes one last time before tucking the ride away for the lousy winter months. We need someone to make it so, someone that has the connections and the energy to drive the idea home.

Any takers?? ???

Yes Webbers, or Superburgers or Champs hell even Apaches! ;D

Scoop is something is needed, we Canucks get short changed there is no big season wrap up. Face it something needs to be planned vendors need to put together a one day gathering, offer discounts on winter supplies/mods, some hamburger joint needs to offer their property and the masses need to swarm and mingle!

Oh ya and I am sorry I didn't mention Famous Sam's ;D

I can walk to Famous Sams...i should go talk to him but it would have to be soon..cold weather is comin quick.

I think that's why all the shows are in Jan/Feb/Mar - everyone is itching to get back on the road.

Weather is too touch and go for an outdoor event people are expected to ride to in the fall. Never know what its gonna be like outside. Yesterday was nice and 23, today sucks and is 13.

I'm thinking I need to extend my vacation in October and hit Barber first, then head to AIM in Orlando which is kicking off now.

I thought Hwy 10 and 89, where there are two hamburger joints (Super Burgers & Champs) and Pete's Donuts across the intersection with a short run north to the River Run outta Horning Mills, or south to the Hockley Valley Rd or Mono Cliffs Rd. But I agree I think this season is toast, no time to drum up interest or attendance. It's a bummer when you read about the year-enders south of the border while we plug in the battery tenders. Maybe it's something we need to think about for next year.

get a truck load your bikes come for a ride in the mountains we still have weather we can share

cqyqte said:
Scoop is something is needed, we Canucks get short changed there is no big season wrap up.
Oh ya and I am sorry I didn't mention Famous Sam's ;D

I try to hit up Famous Sam's in Gormley during the riding season.
I hear they (Famous Sam's) have to move.
Lease is up and too expensive to renew.

Sounds like your a little further West, where the better roads are.

A couple hours East of Famous Sam's puts you in some nice roads. As it turns out my cottage is smack in the middle of it all too :) Haven't had my bike out there yet but plan on it this coming season.

http://ridethehighlands.ca/

Yes, further East there are nice roads too.
I only just rode hwy 507 for the first time this year.

Seems in the middle where Toronto is and straight up from it, the roads are mostly straight until your an hour or two away.

This site here lists some nice roads;

http://bikeroads.atspace.com/

Any of you boys headed to the SuperShow on Saturday Jan. 3rd? :)

A bunch of the "Kawasaki Triples Canada" guys are meeting up there and then headed over to Jack Astor's at Dixon Rd and Attwell for dinner at 6pm.

You'd be most welcome to join us at the show (of course!) and for dinner afterwards!! :D

Let me know your intentions and I'll include you in the reservation. 8)

Some buddies and I will be there Sunday kicking tires and heading to Zets on Dixon Rd for some grub afterwards. 8)

Got a table booked at Jack Astor's for 6pm Saturday evening. We have a few seats left if anyone wants to commit! 8)

Ohh boy. Im gonna try to get my TL in for sale this week. If i do ill go Sat and hang out Saturday night if thats cool?

Drew, I'm not gonna commit, but myself and Goggles (RZ500) are heading up on Saturday. No set plan yet, but I got to hit the Borough to pick up my R5 at some point. Would like to hook up for dinner, but gotta a bday to be at later that night, so we'll see how things go. I'll text pipewelder on the day of.

Back
Top Bottom