help wanted: BMW R75 project - Toronto area

dbrum

Looking for someone who has experience to work on a running 74 R75/6.

Any shops or guys in the GTA that have lots of expertise with these bikes - would appreciate any names.

thanks

What sort of help do you need? I've got a 1975 R75/6 and know my way around it. I'm in Toronto by High Park. Tom at Cyclewerx is good all around but I haven't paid anyone to work on my BMW yet.

I'm looking for someone to either do all the work or lead doing it - I have never done anything like this and I'm not very mechanically experienced. I want the bike to be given a very specific look based on some ideas i've seen over the years from other builds.

First thing that anyone who you work with is going to ask is what ideas you have for the bike. It sounds like you've got some notion of where you want it to end up - start a build thread and get some pics of your bike up as it is, and some pics of bikes you like the look of for inspiration. The BMW is a pretty versatile canvas to work with - many of our members have done up nice ones. It's easier than you think - I'd be happy to lend a hand from time to time and I'll check with a friend who has done custom bikes for people in the past to see if he's interested. But he'll need ideas from you too.

Thanks Tim. I will certainly post current and 'wish list' pics that show the look I am going for and see who on here can help.

My situation is the following - I am starting a complete house reno in June or July and have to move the bikes out - I also have a 1200gs so I plan to take that bike with me to the temporary space we will rent, and I'd like to leave the R75 during the summer at a shop or garage somewhere where it can be worked on either fulltime as a paid project or part-time (paid or not) project by someone who has the skills (I do not posses very good handy mechanical skills beyond basics).

I'll post pics back here soon.

Back
Top Bottom