CRF70 carb questions

Maritime

Over 10,000 Posts
Hello DTT masses, I was over to a buddies last night to help with his sons CRF70. It was pissing gas out of the overflow so we suspected float adjustment. First thing I did was measure it, it was within spec, so I removed it and the needle and low and behold there was a small spec of dirt in the seat, toothpick and carb cleaner, out comes the dirt, re-assemble no more peeing of gas, fired it up rode it around a bit, seems good.....but after it warmed up I couldn't take the choke all the way off or it would stall, it would idle, but as soon as you tried to give it gas it stalled and died. If I left the choke on just a little it would run just fine, So something is out a bit. My question is could it be the float or should I look at the jets for more dirt etc?? I will be going back over later this week to help finish tuning it.

Thanks in advance. I will also be googling and checking bike specific forums but I find the folks here usually the best help.

Maritime

pull the pilot jet make sure it is clear, tiny hole ;
clean screen at petcock if there is one
set float correctly
and make sure there is some kind of screen or filter between the carb and tank
popa willie :)

Thanks. After finding the dirt in the seat I suspect more. I did set float to spec. I'll check pilot for sure and suggest an inline filter for the fuel. then we will be doing wheelies ;D

Back
Top Bottom