1976 KH 100 Portland Maine

ClintSHF

hey all, been distant from this site for quite some time but picked up a little bike two nights ago and needed to start a thread on here

was trolling through craigslist like I do every day at work (whoops) and came across this little kh 100 which ive never seen or herd of before for 300 dollars,
I ended up getting the price down to 225 before I even left work, I just recently sold my car so had to go use my girlfriends car to go pick it up, which was pretty funny as she drives a SCION XB ( the toaster) we managed to cram it in with the front wheel off.
not the best picture but here it is jammed in there
23k4vnn.jpg

after that we got it home we had to carry it up to our second floor apartment :eek:

25znimb.jpg

and here it is in the living room that night.

------

Day 1 started to tear it down and clean everything the bike was pretty filthy with grease, dirt, and sand that's probably all been there longer than I've been alive, so I picked up some wire brushes and scraped down and cleaned up everything.

I was still unsure on the direction of the direction I was wanting to go with this bike, I decided because of how clean and simple it is that I would like to restore it with a few upgrades and keep it original.

another real weird thing about this bike is the set up of the Carb/intake. the carb is actually located inside of the right engine side cover, and the air filter goes right behind the cylinder on a big hole in the case.

the bike as it sits now is almost complete parts needed are
One Rear Shock
Air filter, not sure what size I need?
Headlight assembely
Ignition ( current one is jammed with key)
Battery
Gas Cap

2ur2mfm.jpg

Cool little scoot man. If you're missing a shock, replace them both. There are a ton of options (cheap options) out there for a bike this size. Same with headlights. Tons of side mount lights out there for cheap.

Anyhow, keep the updates coming.

Back
Top Bottom