MAY 2010 BIKE OF THE MONTH - NOMINATIONS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim

Administrator
Staff member
Here's the scoop:

1. Nominate one of our member's bike for Bike of the Month - include some flattering pictures of the bike in question as well as a link to their build thread if they have one and their DTT user name.

2. Someone seconds the nomination (please only second one nomination)

3. Member has to accept the nomination

We will accept nominations until we get a reasonable number of nominees (5-10 or so).

Then a poll will be set up and voting will take place for the remainder of the month. Whoever ends the voting period with the most votes wins Smiley

As a reward, we will use a picture of the winner's bike on the site banner for the following month.

There are PLENTY of deserving bikes, and I'm confident each month we will see lots of nominations.

Let the games begin! Post your nominations / seconds / acceptances here. Please don't clutter this thread up with your supporting posts Smiley

I nominate T71's ISADORA
http://dotheton.com/index.php?topic=13776.0
This bike is awsome and the build was fast yet well executed. Simple yet different. Anyhow, ME LIKES!
tyandmel027.jpg

tyandmel042.jpg

tyandmel039.jpg

tyandmel043-1.jpg

tyandmel029-1.jpg

Tim said:
Let the games begin! Post your nominations / seconds / acceptances here. Please don't clutter this thread up with your supporting posts Smiley

I nominate Tim's XS
http://dotheton.com/index.php?topic=448.0
XS650Project20100103012.jpg

I second Isadora! Nice build! DTT style all the way!

Tim, great job on the XS too! Wow, finally done, just to start again! The life of a true DTT'er!

I will not rest until Sausage Mahoney's Sleek and Sexy CL360 has it's day!
sausagemahoney – Sleek & Sexy CL360 http://dotheton.com/index.php?topic=6738.0

Guys - I truly do appreciate the nomination, but I'm going to keep out of the BOTM contests if that's cool, at least for now. The bike really isn't 100% done yet. Still need to fit up the new front wheel, change the exhaust and take care of a few details.

I've been staring at this bike for 3 years - I don't need to see it on the banner of the site ;) Maybe I'll sneak it up there one day for fun, but for now, there are already some awesome bikes being nominated that I want to see more of!

Tim said:
Guys - I truly do appreciate the nomination, but I'm going to keep out of the BOTM contests if that's cool, at least for now. The bike really isn't 100% done yet. Still need to fit up the new front wheel, change the exhaust and take care of a few details.

I've been staring at this bike for 3 years - I don't need to see it on the banner of the site ;) Maybe I'll sneak it up there one day for fun, but for now, there are already some awesome bikes being nominated that I want to see more of!

Very noble of you and I respect that, I do want to say though, that just because you are an admin, you should still have your chance at BOTM. You bleed DTT more so than any of us, and to me, you deserve the chance to be spotlighted as well for your builds! You should be constantly spotlighted for your work to maintain DTT, it is truly a home like no other for a lot of us! I told someone the other day that I had become comfortable with my inner nerd, as I now have some of my best friends on an internet site!

Thanks for all you do, and I do hope to see your XS on the banner one day!

One day it will be on the banner - no question :) I'll sneak it in for a couple of days between BOTM contests or something.

Best way to continue supporting the site (and me, as the guy paying the bills ;)) is to continue posting all the awesome content, spread the word around on other sites, and 'check out our sponsored links' ;)

Just dropped $$$ on a NAS device with 1.5TB RAID storage to make daily backups of the site, just in case our hosting service blows a piston.

Whoa! I am surprised and honored by this nomination! I never really pictured my bike with the amazing bikes of DTT. Thank you!

Xulf13: It was the taillight, wasn't it ;)

t71ford said:
Whoa! I am surprised and honored by this nomination! I never really pictured my bike with the amazing bikes of DTT. Thank you!

Xulf13: It was the taillight, wasn't it ;)
You Know it! :D

I'd like to nominate whitexk's TX/XS650. This bike is pure class.

http://dotheton.com/index.php?topic=11990.0

I'll second Whitexk's 650. There's a lot of work there that I notice the more and more I look at it!

i accept the nomination thank you guys, there is already alot of great nominations..

How 'bout CCRiders "Espresso Love"! This bike is really cool, and he did EVERYTHING himself! Built not Bought! I especially like the homebrew tank and the exhaust weaving through the frame!

EspressoLove.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom