battery delete

bobfrk

hey everyone, i have a 74 cl 360 im making into a bobber slowly. i've heard there is a way to wire it so i dont need a battery but had no luck using the search feature. just wondering if anyone knows how to do this or where i can find the info to do this? i would love to get the battery out of the way. thanks for your help.

I don't think removing the battery completely is much of an option. Maybe getting a much smaller one or even a capacitor (car stereo systems) is more of a viable alternative though.

Re: battery delete - VERY possible!

Hey Guys,

Brand new to the forum.

On the Battery delete issue. I never run batteries. Small capacitor (commonly avail. on eBay for Triu/BSA's).

Wire it just as you would the battery. ONLY real issue is you may get some flickering of the headlight at idle and you obviously wont have any lights until the bike is running, thus producing alternator output.

You must wire your ignition for Start Only (no lights, just brake light switch so you can run lights off, but still have your brake light)
Then turn your lights on using the Acc. or 2nd position on your ignition switch.
I usually run an On/Off/On toggle in my headlight as well.
I do NOT run turn signals, but see no reason why you couldn't.

Also switch out any separate voltage regulators/rectifiers with a single modern solid-state unit.

Bam! No battery.

I put one of these battery eliminators on my triumph, I think that my stator is putting out about 12.7 with every kick over, which hopefully will be enough to keep the lights on and fire in the hole.-also went with the elec. ignition too.

Re: battery delete - VERY possible!

farducci said:
Hey Guys,

Brand new to the forum.

On the Battery delete issue. I never run batteries. Small capacitor (commonly avail. on eBay for Triu/BSA's).

Wire it just as you would the battery. ONLY real issue is you may get some flickering of the headlight at idle and you obviously wont have any lights until the bike is running, thus producing alternator output.

You must wire your ignition for Start Only (no lights, just brake light switch so you can run lights off, but still have your brake light)
Then turn your lights on using the Acc. or 2nd position on your ignition switch.
I usually run an On/Off/On toggle in my headlight as well.
I do NOT run turn signals, but see no reason why you couldn't.

Also switch out any separate voltage regulators/rectifiers with a single modern solid-state unit.

Bam! No battery.

great tip!

I know for the XS guys you have the option of running a stator off an RD, RZ or Banshee with some slight mods. Check some of the XS specific sites for details

Back
Top Bottom