Cb450/500t track bike

deepwaterimports

Over 1,000 Posts
When little gems like this pop up it’s hard to say no. Yesterday I picked up this little cb450 race bike for a bargain. Apparently she was imported from England and was raced in the Isle of Man TT a while back. So I’m going to throw a lot of love into her and get her back to race ready status. Engine was rebuilt not to long ago so she just needs brakes paint and a bit of welding to get tank seat and rear sets on. Front is fzr rear is h1 ohlins shocks and strengthened frame. Fairing is too small so that will have to be changed but shape will remain the same.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Attachments

• IMG_6225.JPG
    IMG_6225.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 545
  • IMG_6226.JPG
    IMG_6226.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 547
  • IMG_6230.JPG
    IMG_6230.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 549
  • IMG_6232.JPG
    IMG_6232.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 563
  • IMG_6233.JPG
    IMG_6233.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 527
  • IMG_6234.JPG
    IMG_6234.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 529
What a gem. Wow! It’s great to see these old bikes restored and run on that track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sweet racer there mate put some TLC into it and then next thing you'll be track bound 8) I know the feeling best thing i've ever done ;D ;D check out my build thread in Hailwood Honda race rep agh!

Attachments

• IMAG1107.jpg
    IMAG1107.jpg
    741.2 KB · Views: 461
  • IMAG1105.jpg
    IMAG1105.jpg
    808 KB · Views: 456
Thank you guys. But no updates yet. I have to help a friend finish two race bikes before we can get stuck into doing this one. So it’s on the back burner for a month or two. Thanks for all the encouragement but.

So a few parts on their way scitsu tachometer, Lockheed replica callipers and new fairing.

Help needed but. I’m chasing a front brake master cylinder. The AP one is way to expensive and it needs to run two disks.

Would love the help.

Hopefully pick up this little bad boy in a week.

Attachments

• IMG_0178.JPG
    IMG_0178.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 368
  • IMG_0177.jpg
    IMG_0177.jpg
    699.9 KB · Views: 381
  • IMG_0176.jpg
    IMG_0176.jpg
    347.3 KB · Views: 373
MickyC said:
So a few parts on their way scitsu tachometer, Lockheed replica callipers and new fairing.

Help needed but. I’m chasing a front brake master cylinder. The AP one is way to expensive and it needs to run two disks.

Would love the help.

I'm using Grimeca replicas of those calipers with a plain Brembo 16mm MC on my KZ1000 and it brakes hard.

https://store.bevelheaven.com/Brake-Related-Parts/16mm-REC-Brembo-Master-Cylinder-Front-Brake/

Hey MickyC, if it doesn't peeve you or the manufacturer off could you answer a couple of questions about the starter? Does it have a clutch, does it have a step down box and what is the gear ratio? I live on flat ground and a own a heap of pushstart blokes and have a spare motor at home and want to build one. Thanks mate.

Sorry mate only jump on when I remember and don’t get alerts I should set it up but. As soon as I get the starter I’ll give you some pics and details mate pick her up next weekend.

doc_rot said:
I'm using Grimeca replicas of those calipers with a plain Brembo 16mm MC on my KZ1000 and it brakes hard.

https://store.bevelheaven.com/Brake-Related-Parts/16mm-REC-Brembo-Master-Cylinder-Front-Brake/

Yeh that’s so good I got the Brembo replica master on order now 16mm so I’m stoked she works good on the Kz cause on a little 450 she will kill it.

Back
Top Bottom