Born to be ridden, total rebuild

Re: Complete rebuild and modification

Hi, spent months and plenty of knuckle skin rebuilding this bike, complete engine rebuild and many frame mods, not much left on the bike from stock. It's Chinese, but hey it's still a great ride and especially now with the power increase.

Great job A-W!

The 'Ace' is more fun per dollar than any other bike I've owned.

Like yours, mine is not exactly OEM and soon it will be even less so (hopefully).

Things have been pretty quiet on this section of the forum, but I like to think that everybody is too busy riding!

Crazy

Thanks so much, well now that I'm done on this project, I will just be enjoying the ride also

Does the fuel gauge work? If it does how did you get it to work? Ta

Hi, no the fuel gauge is hooked up to power only so it always shows full. There is no sender unit in the tank. I just did not want the display always flashing empty.

AUSSIE-WIZZARD said:
Thanks so much, well now that I'm done on this project, I will just be enjoying the ride also

I'm looking to buy a 150cc big bore kit, my question is this, they come in 2 sizes, 13mm pin and 15mm pin, so what size do I buy?

The 150 is a bigger improvement than you would think.

I don't get what you mean by 13mm or 15mm pin ...

Crazy

Yeah, they sell 2 kits, and each kit has a different size piston pin, I just don't want to pull it apart to find out what size it has lol

AUSSIE-WIZZARD said:
Yeah, they sell 2 kits, and each kit has a different size piston pin, I just don't want to pull it apart to find out what size it has lol

... and I didn't think there would be a reason to measure it when I installed mine!

Crazy

Would you be able to give me a link to where you got yours, as aliexpress supplier has 2 sizes and I don't know what it is.

AUSSIE-WIZZARD said:
Hi, spent months and plenty of knuckle skin rebuilding this bike, complete engine rebuild and many frame mods, not much left on the bike from stock. It's Chinese, but hey it's still a great ride and especially now with the power increase.
Took out winner in bike show today
https://youtu.be/kJjqTeh1cBY

Congrats! Shows are fun. I've taken my GoldWing to one almost every Saturday this summer. Getting ready for one now.

Back
Top Bottom