kustom velocity stacks

• Thread starter duffs speed n mo-chine
  • Start date
D

duffs speed n mo-chine

Made to order velocity stacks out of ALU. Brass or bronze. One of a kind pARTS for your baby. Located in Delaware 40-150 $ per carb depending on material and funkiness. Handcrafted on a ww2 era lathe with care.

Attachments

• IMG_20140822_234432.jpg
    IMG_20140822_234432.jpg
    886.2 KB · Views: 293
You should add your website to your profile so members can find you easier.

http://www.duffsspeednmochine.bigcartel.com

I use my hands to control the y and z axis rather than a servo motor that is computer numerically controlled. Sorry for the confusion. I consider this handcrafted. I have been doing this for a little while (hehehe) both manually and CNC. If your gonna hate or make wise cracks do it on somebody else's posts. Or come visit me and talk shit. 438 e ayre st. Wilmington Delaware 19804. Thanks!

If i ever decide to drive for several hours to talk shit ill let you know ahead of time but i wouldnt hold my breath. One thing i was wondering is why the price spread 40 ta 200 bucks for foot pegs? What makes one set of fpot pegs 160 bucks better than another. Also just for the record hand made and manual machined are different. whatever i hope you make a mint with brass and alum drops. your prices acrossed the board are way to high. plenty of people including myself build parts for people and one thing we all have incommon is lack of ego, its done to make alittle coin and to help out a fellow member. i would rather sell reasonably priced parts for years then high priced stuff for weeks. Selling foot pegs for the price of rear sets is a perfect example. get over your self and calm your expectations and youll be so busy with work youll buy more equipment. Now look at all the gas money i saved
in gas

I'm not on this site to argue with people or shoot people down. I love motorcycles. Why so negitave and argumentive? I've sold lots of my parts to people all over the world. People pay for quality craftsmanship from a professional machinist. If you make parts for people in your workshop or garage that's awesome! I love that! Some of the best work comes from peoples garages I believe! This is my full time gig and I'm just trying to put bread on the table. I realize that I'm not gonna win this argument. So I'll say it YOUR RIGHT. I'm wrong and my shit sucks and is overpriced! Thanks!

Whoa Belmont. I highly recommend deleting that post, that's taking stuff to a whole other level.

Jeez man this site is filled with cheap mo fo's. I think the velocity stacks look dope. Carbs can be such a huge focal point on a bike and some nice velocity stacks can set your project off real nice. Sometimes you gotta pay to play fellas

reelop19 said:
Jeez man this site is filled with cheap mo fo's. I think the velocity stacks look dope. Carbs can be such a huge focal point on a bike and some nice velocity stacks can set your project off real nice. Sometimes you gotta pay to play fellas

That's an interesting observation. I'd speculate that you are right about most people on this site not spending a lot of money on non functional parts just for looks. We all like nice parts and all have a price point that works for us. Simple economics suggests that the market for high priced parts is much smaller than the market for lower priced parts.

From what I have seen over the years, people that modify bikes fall into 2 camps - those that are driven primarily by the look and those that put function or performance first. in reality, we all like some combination of both, but for me, performance (function) will win out most of the time. And those parts have zero functional improvement so I have no interest in them., But that doesn't mean that others don't have an interest.

The question is whether any of them live here and most of the young guys that turn up here don't have a lot of cash to throw around. Some of us old guys don't either but that's another story.

200 dollar heavy brass pegs are of value to a few people that might want them to be the focal point of a build, but the rest of us are looking to shed weight.

"Handcrafted" I get what you are saying and it's more of a marketing term than an accurate description, but that's not so important. I believe there is a small market for that stuff if it's marketed to people who value the "maker" idea, for the rest of us, not so much. And for show bikes those brass parts are a good way to add interest. Not so useful for most cafe racers though, so the market is probably limited. We wish you well with your endeavor but please get rid of that threat in your threads. It has no place here or anywhere else.

duffs speed n mo-chine said:
I'm not on this site to argue with people or shoot people down. I love motorcycles. Why so negitave and argumentive? I've sold lots of my parts to people all over the world. People pay for quality craftsmanship from a professional machinist. If you make parts for people in your workshop or garage that's awesome! I love that! Some of the best work comes from peoples garages I believe! This is my full time gig and I'm just trying to put bread on the table. I realize that I'm not gonna win this argument. So I'll say it YOUR RIGHT. I'm wrong and my shit sucks and is overpriced! Thanks!
most of the parts i see you making i could do on a cheap drillpress with a broken river stone ;D they look like they were made in a trailer park shed
the velocity stack i see does not even have the proper shape for funnel-tatin' the air
good luck with your biz model

reelop19 said:
I think the velocity stacks look dope.

There ya go Duff. Your first customer ;)

Reelop, when you get your stacks in, write a review (with pics) and show why we should drop that kind of coin on them ;)

duffs speed n mo-chine said:
Made to order velocity stacks out of ALU. Brass or bronze. One of a kind pARTS for your baby. Located in Delaware 40-150 $ per carb depending on material and funkiness. Handcrafted on a ww2 era lathe with care.

I think the one looks awesome!!! and it sounds like someone was jealous.... sad for them
And Hank definitely looks like he approves.. That's the only approval I'd ever need

Back
Top Bottom