So I left for awhile

rays650cafe

No quarter given, none taken.
I had a CB650 brat style, that I thought was done. So I sold it, thinking that I would soon get something newer, faster.
But the wife thought money would be better spent on the house. Mind you, she probably wasn't wrong as our house was an absolute POS. And we are trying to sell it to move to a larger city.
A couple of years later, the house is finally done and on the market. Wife has agreed to let me buy a bike when we sell the house.
But I still like working on stuff.
So the other day the wife was on a buy, sell, and trade site on Facebook and asked me, "Hey, would you be interested in a CB750 for free?"
Yep. So I went and got it.
Time to get my hands dirty on some old Japanese iron.

Attachments

• IMG_20190406_120256628.jpg
    IMG_20190406_120256628.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 228
Score! I assume if it’s free it doesn’t have a title?

Yep! I'm going to go to the county sometime this week and make sure it's not stolen. Washington State isn't the worst place to title a vehicle that's missing one.
Probably not the best either. We'll see.
I need to get it out of the back of my pickup at least see if the motor turns.

Floorboards and a heel and toe shifter! Any photos of what it looked like before stuff was taken off it? Is the engine free? Gonna need some stuff but looks like a good core to work with.

rays650cafe said:
Yep! I'm going to go to the county sometime this week and make sure it's not stolen. Washington State isn't the worst place to title a vehicle that's missing one.
Probably not the best either. We'll see.
I need to get it out of the back of my pickup at least see if the motor turns.

I’ve gotten a title for a bike in WA. A little bit of leg work and you can register it and in 3 years get a title.

Took it off the truck yesterday, motor kicks over fine. No bad noises anyway. Tank looks to be in decent condition. One small dent in the top, not creased. The cap is intact and works. A por 15 tank kit, and a little paint and the tank is good to go.
Thanks for the welcome back all.
Good to be back.

carnivorous chicken said:
Floorboards and a heel and toe shifter! Any photos of what it looked like before stuff was taken off it? Is the engine free? Gonna need some stuff but looks like a good core to work with.
I have no idea what it looked like when it was running. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it had a King and Queen seat from JC Whitney as well as a cheap rear rack from the same.
Im trying to decide weather to Cafe or Brat.
I'm leaning brat style because I'm getting too old to do clip ons.

I'm leaning brat style because I'm getting too old to do clip ons
I know that back ache well. MX bars with mid placed pegs can work with the "cafe" look. Much more fun in the real world. ;) ::)

I have always had clip ons or other low bars and when I got my Super Duke I was surprised at how much I liked sitting up and how much easier it was to see the world around me, still like clip ons though ;)

Well, I haven't done shit to this project since I got it until today.
As far as getting a title, I guess the last guy with paperwork on it passed away about four owners ago.
Do I got on craigslist last week and put in an add.
I found one guy in Hayden Idaho that has a SHITTON of parts. But no CB750 K series with a title. Lots of parts tho.
And I found a guy in Tacoma with a same year frame and title in his name. For only 300$.
So progress is being made. Just slowly. Got the floorboards off and the crashbars off as well.
Getting better.

Attachments

• IMG_20200202_143828889_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200202_143828889_HDR.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 156
Back
Top Bottom