Benchmade "Worksharp Field Sharpener"

Redbird

Dolor est Magister Optimus
DTT BOTM WINNER
Stopped by a "friend of the family's" shop the other day to have him sharpen the plethora of knives I own. He turned me on to this little wonder of a tool...
IMG_5573_zpswid1kg9r.jpg

Within a very few minutes, I had an above average edge on my knife. Within a few more minutes, I had an exceptional edge on my knife.
This is an awesome tool for the DIY'er who wants to sharpen their own blades with minimal effort.

If every knife you own has a 20° angle.

I use this Smith's kit when I'm not using an Arkansas stone. Provides for 4 different angles, and takes no experience to work.

https://www.smithsproducts.com/diamond-precision-sharpening-system

nice, both of them........

I just do half azz sharpening on my stuff. with a simple stone.

Ah... It appears I should've listed a disclaimer for my experience/review of this particular tool ...
It should be noted that most pocket/carry knives and kitchen knives use (or can use) a 20 degree angle.
So the Benchmade tool will work well for those who carry/use most common knives, and want a one piece tool that's quick and easy to use.
However, if you require/prefer your blade to differ from the most common angle... you should absolutely seek out an alternative to this simple one piece sharpening tool.

WhyNot said:
nice, both of them........

I just do half azz sharpening on my stuff. with a simple stone.
Do a proper sharpening (as evidenced, it's not difficult), and you'll be much happier when you actually need a sharp edge ;)

Back
Top Bottom