Arduino Based Speedometer Tachometer

deviant said:
I think his boss cut him off from playing on company time.

HA!
My boss is a complete asshole.

Thats the problem working for yourself. It's all company time.
But yeah, all my projects are on hold for a little while, although I'm trying to find time to get back into the shop this week and do SOMETHING motorcycle related before I go insane.

Like the project and good luck with this. I'm a geek at heart and by trade (Electrical Engineer), so if you have any questions or programming (this is what I do, embedded programming), I'll be monitoring the thread.

BTW have you considered using optoisolators on the ignition or sensor pickup to completely isolate the adruino/electronics from the engine electric's noise? Hate for you spend all that time on a on off board just to fry something with a big spike somewhere?

Cheers

The page hasn't been updated in a while, and this guy mentions at the end "building the “veroboarduino” driver and handling the inputs from the hall sensor to count wheel rotations and pick up the neutral, high-beam and indicator warning signals."

But, it's successful and it leaves good info to refine and build off of.

working.jpg

http://www.martyndavis.com/?p=311

I'll be watching this one, please keep us updated. I recently have been teaching myself arduino programming and have a few trinkets around with a few ideas.

None whatsoever, it sits on my shelf staring at me in my office all day while I do real work. :mad:

Have you thought about sensing the points wire (to the coil primary winding) instead of the high voltage side? Also, I believe most electronic ignition systems have a way to tap the output signal, which would give you a clean input.

Back
Top Bottom