CB350 rear hub cush bushings. Do they survive the powdercoat oven?

Gilbert

Has anyone had a rear hub powder coated with the cush bushings installed? My mechanic said they should be okay in the oven. Thoughts? If the consensus is leaning towards no, bad idea, etc. then I'll just clean the hubs and keep the patina. Or polish. What about a rattle can paint job?

They will probably hold up if minimum time in the oven. They may harden some and fail prematurely. Why not remove them and do it right? It's dumb to chose a lesser option just because you're lazy.

Thanks for replying. I'm not being lazy. I thought these parts were hard to find but I have seen them on ebay. If I can get the bushings then powder coat is the way I want to go. I got my frame and rims back from the powder coating shop and they look great! I have to start posting the build on the forum.

The tabs that fit into the hub do become brittle and can tear off when removing them, so That's one reason they may not want to remove them. If you work slowly and carefully you can usually salvage them. I think that's a much better option than heating them in an oven, which may make them brittle and fail like 01marc said.

Back
Top Bottom