1984 Honda vf1000f interceptor

Hurco550

Keep er' Between the Ditches
DTT SUPPORTER
DTT BOTM WINNER
This bike may be a bit new for this forum, and a bit out of the "cafe racer" group of bikes, but I figured I'd chronicle the project here anyhow. I have known about this bike and kinda half way been after buying it for a few years now. It was sitting in the garage of a co worker for years, being stored for a friend if his along side a crusty gt750. I kept asking about them and finally this past weekend I made a deal with the owner, and bought the pair and brought them home. The interceptor was last ran going on a decade ago, and I'm pretty sure it was laid down at some point, being as there was a box of extra plastics and turn signals with some rash on them, though I'm guessing it was a low speed crash, as the damaged pieces aren't severely damaged.

Planning on just fixing it up as a rider, not a show bike, but making it presentable. The clutch master is full of jelly. Replace brake pads, tires, tune up carb rebuild, all the normal stuff.

Here she was, where she sat for around 8 years. Lonely and dirty, but yearning to get in the wind again
26cb9aa44d894b69ba588f00c36dbd7c.jpg

Brought her home and washed the first layer of crud off
26dd3f5808dcd9299465939536a29f4a.jpg

510996823ecd1fc6682a8f4a00e3f9e0.jpg

If I push, I may have it close enough to take to barber, but we shall see.

You know I'm following along. AND not being impatient at all. I'll be down with my helmet next week. :D

That thing is gorgeous! Looking forward to seeing it at Barber. No pressure......

That is sweet. Nice colors and looks shiny from here. All it needs is an F2 front end and you are golden.

Thanks guys, not a perfect bike, probably a 20/20 bike, meaning it looks perfect from 20 ft away going 20 miles an hour lol

On another note, I think this is the bike Honda designed thinking that these carbs would keep their service centers busy four decades. What a pain to get out!

Lots of good things can be said about the Honda V4s... working on 'em ain't one of them.

Nope. Gave up on the carbs last night. Going to try again today, and even dig a bit deeper into doing a valve adjustment while it is this far apart.

Gotta love the internet. Free download of the 325 page service manual =)

98af3aec6b85577670de05a5d06010fd.jpg

726529b3f4511b5054b8a0b392f6e705.jpg

Your school budget must be killing it. I wonder if someone went into meltdown waiting for your print job to finish. HAHA. When I was teaching at Temple, we had a couple of faculty that would print their chapters out on the department copier so their students wouldn't have to buy the books. It suuuuuucked getting behind them just to copy an invoice.

deviant said:
Your school budget must be killing it. I wonder if someone went into meltdown waiting for your print job to finish. HAHA. When I was teaching at Temple, we had a couple of faculty that would print their chapters out on the department copier so their students wouldn't have to buy the books. It suuuuuucked getting behind them just to copy an invoice.
Haha that did happen actually. New guy too. I actually went around to everyone in the department that uses that printer (except the new guy) and asked if it would be a problem haha felt bad, but he got over it lol he wasn't actually having a meltdown. And I pay the school for copies when it's something big like this. 5 cents a page, so is still cheaper and less wait than getting one from feebay.

Finally got these things loose. Big thanks to checkered past cycles own Ted Tackett for web support.

697cc2f645a8c35036ebf90bef64a44e.jpg

Then I found this. Wish I knew the story on how this happened...
c6548eee3a793a5b8841ac33fcd32386.jpg

Back
Top Bottom