A CB360 Build - Lil' Sebastian Rides Again

New copper crush gaskets might help. As long as there are no exhaust leaks, I wouldn't worry too much about it, though.

Sonreir said:
New copper crush gaskets might help. As long as there are no exhaust leaks, I wouldn't worry too much about it, though.

I did the initial installation with new gaskets, will try again and see where I end up. Thanks

those flanges look right. The ones that came with Luna were mangled on the edges of the bend, like osmeone had tightened them down without making sure the headers were properly installed. I ended up buying a new set, they are pretty reasonable from the honda dealer and you can probably find them cheaper on ebay

Guys quick question - I didn't take photos of this and should have done originally and I apologise if it's a fuckin' stupid question: does the positive from the battery go in to the yellow/red terminal on the starter solenoid? Had everything apart and now can't remember which order it was in!

No.
Red goes into fuse box, goes to ignition switch then comes out as a black wire.
Black goes into right side handlebar switch and comes out as red/yellow (if you have safety switches it's a little different but basically goes to left clutch switch first)

crazypj said:
No.
Red goes into fuse box, goes to ignition switch then comes out as a black wire.
Black goes into right side handlebar switch and comes out as red/yellow (if you have safety switches it's a little different but basically goes to left clutch switch first)

Thanks PJ. My solenoid has the same layout as this (couldn't find anything in the shop manual):

K9QA2tl.jpg

Afternoon all. Received a new right hand control from 4into1 today, anyone have any experience with this particular unit? So far it isn't playing nice... http://4into1.com/reproduction-throttle-switch-assembly-35300-341-671-honda-cb550k-cb750k/

Sonreir said:
You know what the wire colors are for?

Yeah! It's the same layout as this from Common Motor:

0kYECoQ.png

I think the problem lies in the On/Off switch. I tried connecting the brown/white wire into the brown/blue of the harness (which looks to me like its corresponding wire) but no dice.

Sounds like it's time to break out the multimeter and check to make sure the wire colors are doing what you think they are doing.

Sonreir said:
Sounds like it's time to break out the multimeter and check to make sure the wire colors are doing what you think they are doing.

:'( :'( :'(

I've gone back to the old controls for now but I will probably definitely be hitting you up again. For the moment though, everything is wired up with the exception of the neutral light.

Few bits today, mainly electrical with the kind help of Sonreir - finally most of the electrics are done.

Em12Bad.jpg

Lil spray booth I cleverly knocked together (could also double as emergency underwear?):
MyDoYsy.jpg

Getting fuck all done while on dad duty:
RAbGxQO.jpg

Yeah, man. Ain't that the shit. The best is when you find random bolts in random holes all over the bike.

I had the cylinder jugs off my 360 for a few weeks while I was getting some head work done.

After putting almost everything back together, I dropped one of the cam gear screws down the chain valley and into the bottom end.

Angry didn't begin to describe how I felt.

Anyway... I pull everything apart to find the screw I dropped and it turned out it was a pretty wise decision. In the time I had things open, my daughter had decided that two bolts, two washers, a nut would also make a fine addition to the contents of the engine cases.

el barto said:
Few bits today, mainly electrical with the kind help of Sonreir - finally most of the electrics are done.

Em12Bad.jpg

Lil spray booth I cleverly knocked together (could also double as emergency underwear?):
MyDoYsy.jpg

Getting fuck all done while on dad duty:
RAbGxQO.jpg
It'll be a good memory though ;D

Sonreir said:
I had the cylinder jugs off my 360 for a few weeks while I was getting some head work done.

After putting almost everything back together, I dropped one of the cam gear screws down the chain valley and into the bottom end.

Angry didn't begin to describe how I felt.

Anyway... I pull everything apart to find the screw I dropped and it turned out it was a pretty wise decision. In the time I had things open, my daughter had decided that two bolts, two washers, a nut would also make a fine addition to the contents of the engine cases.

;D ;D ;D

Back
Top Bottom