The Finished Turbocharged 650 Maxim.

Vespa

Master Apprentice
Been Piddling with this 1981 Yamaha XJ650 maxim. I started with a roller and no driveline. I then found a non running 1983 Seca Turbo. The results are as follows in the pictures.
Garmin Nuvi for Speedometer.
Harley Davidson Sportster seat.
Suzuki GS Fenders and Side Covers
Black Wrinkle PowderCoating on Tank and Fenders
Silver Vein powder Coating on Wheels and extras.
A lot more to list.

Total Approximate Cost of Completion $1100
I gave the Bike to my son that helped work on the bike. He's 15 and ready to get his license.

Ask Any Questions.

Its an Award Winning bike on its first outing. But the smiles really get started at 16psi of boost.

Rear Fender is Stock Suzuki GS 750L.

No real Numbers on the Turbo. Just have to go with 83 Seca Turbo Specifications for now.
12psi. 90 hp @ 9000 rpm / 12.68 sec / 106.13 mp/h

I am at 16psi and haven't been to a dyno.

how much of a PIA was it to tune? Ive got a turbo GSXR1000 and its a monster but much easier to tune due to it being FI

soulreaper said:
how much of a PIA was it to tune? Ive got a turbo GSXR1000 and its a monster but much easier to tune due to it being FI

I bench sinked the carbs to the manual. I do have a friend really familiar with the old seca turbos and got some help for initial jetting. The bike is PIG Rich when cold. The Seca Turbo has onboard boost sensor with the Ignition and retards the timing with boost sensor and knock sensor.

The Turbo 1300 Suzuki we did last year we used the stock FI and Added a Microsquirt and additional injectors. Piggybacked the stock ECU.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZPufPKQc1M

Shakedown ride. Sorry Quality sucks but you can hear it boosting.

yup thats a turbo alright lol. My next FI bike will be a Busa turbo gonna use a similar map set up as on my 1000. I like it where its at cause i can use both 116 octane or E85 if i choose. only problem is with E85 you need to ramp up your fuel by 20%

Back
Top Bottom