Correct way to de-tab?

I wear a nice pair of leather batting gloves from my baseball days. They are tight fitting, and do not hamper control.

SONIC. said:
I swear this site if the safest bunch of guys I've ever seen.
this^

dont forget your tampons mother nature can play hell on those pretty white pants

I get not knowing, but i cant for the life of me understand not tring. Its only metal it can be fixed. man up and risk a mistake in exchange for a lesson

Re: Re: Correct way to de-tab?

bradj said:
this^

dont forget your tampons mother nature can play hell on those pretty white pants

I get not knowing, but i cant for the life of me understand not tring. Its only metal it can be fixed. man up and risk a mistake in exchange for a lesson

Quote of the year.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

Do yourself a favor and don't hold any small parts with one hand while grinding cutting with the other. The blades and high speed wire brushes love to jump and eat things. Don't ask me how I know ::) Unless of course you wear break away shirts and have kevlar skin.

While grinding tabs off and wearing my regular glasses, I learned two things:

1. Wear proper eye protection (save your glasses, $350).

2. Wear proper eye protection (save your eyes, >$350).

I use ear plugs or muffs all the time too, I have lost some hearing. I listened to a Minnie Riperton record the other day and I thought it was all instrumental.

Just be careful, you can reweld tabs but when I tried to reattach the tip of one of my favourite fingers it never took and Super Glue refused to stand behind their product. Just as well, I suppose because I put it on backwards and it would bend in a contrary direction to its siblings. Damn, I miss that tip, not as much as my girlfriend does but we did have some great adventures together. Lefty is just not the same although he does try.

Maybe Ichiban could wade into this subject.

I'm late to the party on this one, but I will chime in with what we use at the shop.

We like to cut with 1/32" 3" discs on a die grinder, not a muffler-cutter - we use 3M 01987 (K113271). The 1/32" wheel is thinner than you usually find with most grinders but at 1/2 the thickness it cuts much faster.

Once the rough-cut is made we grind the remaining bits most of the way down with the edge of a 1/16" disc - 3M 01988 (K61076).

After it's ground almost all the way flush we use a 2" 36-grit Roloc disc on an angle grinder to get it smoooooooooth.

Always, always, always wear eye protection. We just use face shields and earmuffs along with old, dirty TIG gloves to protect your hands from flying debris.

Attachments

• DSCN7754.JPG
    DSCN7754.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 280
CarbsAndCylinders said:
Maybe Ichiban could wade into this subject.

;) luck has it that I posted a vid on this topic here:

http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=52954.msg622520#msg622520

Back
Top Bottom