Cb360 Reassembly Help

cb360j said:
Is there a way to 'pre-lube' my engine before first start? I filled the oil baths of course when assembling, but for example when rebuilding a v8 you can spin the oil pump drive and it will send oil through the passages. Is there a way to do this on the 360 engine or will just turning the engine by hand work? Also, even though I put some oil on the cylinder walls before assembly should I put any oil in the cylinders or anything before the start? I have kept everything sealed up, oil in the engine, and plan to change the oil and clean the filter again before starting, then after initial start I will change it again

It has been a long time waiting for me, but first start is soon. Pretty pumped.

I just didi this on my 400f before installing the head cover to ensure I had flow for start up.

I used my battery drill to spin the engine.

http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=75640.msg912360#msg912360

I did fill the oil baths during assembly so.. in theory.. there should be some in there but I will do my best to make sure more gets in. Thank you all for the help.

I wondered if that might work Trek, ill have to try that as well

I can't find a rear brake light switch that is sold with the spring, anyone have a recomendation?

Places I have checked: 4into1, dime city, cmc, sparck moto, cognito moto

Sonreir said:
Emgo makes a few universal varieties that should do the trick.

http://www.nichecycle.com/ncs/categories/electronics/switches/brake-pedal-switches/46-50752-kawasaki-oe-style-rear-brake-light-switch.html

Thank you, that was really helpful. Led me to this. Even though it says its for kawasaki, think this one will work?

cb360j said:
http://www.nichecycle.com/ncs/categories/electronics/switches/brake-pedal-switches/46-50752-kawasaki-oe-style-rear-brake-light-switch.html

Thank you, that was really helpful. Led me to this. Even though it says its for kawasaki, think this one will work?

Should work fine, the only differences may be wire color, connector type and spring length.

The spring is the main piece I am trying to find, I can find the switch itself pretty easily but none come with the spring. I have a huge pile of parts so I am going to search through it one more time to make sure the spring is not there before ordering something. Thank yall

cb360j said:
The spring is the main piece I am trying to find, I can find the switch itself pretty easily but none come with the spring. I have a huge pile of parts so I am going to search through it one more time to make sure the spring is not there before ordering something. Thank yall

Looks like that Kawasaki one you posted comes with a universal spring that you can bend hooks at the ends to suit whatever length you need.

cb360j said:
Also, even though I put some oil on the cylinder walls before assembly should I put any oil in the cylinders or anything before the start? I have kept everything sealed up, oil in the engine, and plan to change the oil and clean the filter again before starting, then after initial start I will change it again

It has been a long time waiting for me, but first start is soon. Pretty pumped.
Do not put any oil downspark plug holes or anywhere near top ring. If you do, it's doubtful rings will properly bed in with less than 10,000 miles. When engine starts, take it to around 2,000~ 2,500 rpm and hold it there 30 sec. Do not let it idle first min or so, there isn't enough oil thrown around to lubricate small end. You can 'blip' throttle to 5~6k without doing any harm, without load it isn't being stressed to create too much heat

When I am bored at work I get on solidworks and try to come up with my own designs for certain parts. I am going to attempt to make a top triple clamp, whats the best way to measure the distance between the front forks?

You can either look it up (Google) or, measure across outside with calipers then minus 33mm to get centre to centre

God bless sparck Moto. Alright here come wiring questions. The gauge I have has two wires coming directly off of it, red and black. Red goes to gauge light I’m assuming, but the black wire doesn’t have a home.

The ignition coils both have an individual set of wires, one blue and one black. On the harness a black striped single wire says coils. Where should this go?

cb360j said:
God bless sparck Moto. Alright here come wiring questions. The gauge I have has two wires coming directly off of it, red and black. Red goes to gauge light I’m assuming, but the black wire doesn’t have a home.

The ignition coils both have an individual set of wires, one blue and one black. On the harness a black striped single wire says coils. Where should this go?

Black from the gauge is almost definitely a ground wire. Connect to any green in the harness or to bare metal on the bike.

For the coils, the black/white wires are for power and go to the black/white wire in the harness (there should be a double female connector that allows two wires to plug into one). The colored wires on the coils each go to two places. They split and one connection (for each coil) goes to the condensor and one connection goes to the points.

Thank you, I completely overlooked the points wires being missing. What gauge of wire would you recommend for making those?

Also, for the starter solenoid to here’s is the yellow/red wire and a green/red wire coming from it, is the green/red just a ground? Where would that connect on the harness

WHAT IS THIS PART?

I can't find anything like it in my parts book.

Attachments

• IMG_20181201_103545.jpg
    IMG_20181201_103545.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 173
Cam chain tensioner arm.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8RLEMngUB63akhfSGpkQVI2QjQ/edit

cb360j said:
Thank you, I completely overlooked the points wires being missing. What gauge of wire would you recommend for making those?

Also, for the starter solenoid to here’s is the yellow/red wire and a green/red wire coming from it, is the green/red just a ground? Where would that connect on the harness

18 gauge is fine. Factory is 16 gauge, I think?

Green/red is ground from solenoid, yes. Any green wire in the harness or just connect to bare metal on the bike.

So the blue wire needs to be changed to a male bullet connector and the black wires go to the points?
Where does the condenser connect

You shouldn't need to change any of the terminals. The condensor should have male bullet terminals, as should the points wires. The ignition coils should have a double female connector on the blue and yellow ends. Black/white wires from the coils go to black/white wire in the harness.

The rear brake light has black, red, and an orange wire.
Would those connect to ground, brake, and tail? Respectively

Back
Top Bottom