my roadster

smaeda

drag1.jpg

hd2.jpg

This is my daily driver

i like.
my buddy just swapped in a 13b turbo rotary V mounted and all, he shoulda swapped in a SR20 though

Derek4Real3 said:
i like.
my buddy just swapped in a 13b turbo rotary V mounted and all, he shoulda swapped in a SR20 though
No way, Mazda rotaries can make gobs of power if you just do a little work on them like opening up the exhaust and fitting a bigger carb. I've had three Rx-7s, loved 'em all.

guitargeek said:
No way, Mazda rotaries can make gobs of power if you just do a little work on them like opening up the exhaust and fitting a bigger carb. I've had three Rx-7s, loved 'em all.
yeah but reliablity,torque when pushing 400hp is why i would go SR over rotary and the fact that if they over heat your fuct. dont get me wrong i love rx7s ive had a few fc3s and i have a 240sx (ca18det) and if it were my car for real then i would do a CA18det but thats a whole different discussion of being a better motor then the SR lol

nice.... Im getting one soon myself. I want to build a track only car with it. I heard they handle good. They have a miata race club that race other miatas. how does yours handle?? ever done any track days??

wow I haven't been on here for a while and didn't notice all these replies. I'm trying to get into autocross, but I dont have monies right now. Tracking gets pretty expenssive. I plan on it after I get out of school. One more semester left.

I've had few 240sx in my life too. One was a sr20det. It was cool for a while till I blew the motor....lol But I'm happy with the mazda. Its slow but handles like a dream. Deff real fun.

Dropping an ls1 into a mx5 is a project I plan to tackle at some point. I think there is something just so awesome about turning that little "secretaries sports car" into a roaring beast.

I had a 1992 Mariner Blue. Excellent condition, 84,000 miles, all original. I miss it but I wanted speed so I got my Talon. It was just too impractical having two impractical cars. It kills me knowing I'll never be able to get her back.

My plan was going to be to turbo the Miata, I got the car and was basically in the research phase, but I got impatient and bought something I was more familiar with. I don't regret getting the Talon but I do regret letting the Miata go. :-\

not to take away from the awesomeness of the car, but that thing growing in the background is fucking sweet, never seen anything like that before.

have you changed the offset of the wheels? i've just changed my wheels from +41 mm offset (stock) to +12 mm offset. each wheel has been moved out over an inch.

the new wheel/tire combo looks great, but i'm a bit concerned about the impact on the steering, suspension, braking, wheel bearings, etc. if you've changed your offset too, have you noticed any negative side effects?

thx!

I've tried everything from stock wheels to 35 offset, 0 offset, and currently I'm running 10 offset with a 7 inch wheel. Basically the braking and acceleration depends on how much your wheels weigh. The heavier they are the slower your going to be. Also If you aren't running a staggered set up, understeer and oversteer shouldnt be an issue. They say lower offset wheels are bad for your wheel bearings, but I haven't had a problem yet. I've driven with this setup for 3 years now.

smaeda said:
They say lower offset wheels are bad for your wheel bearings, but I haven't had a problem yet. I've driven with this setup for 3 years now.

thanks for the info. this seems to be a typical response, despite the conventional warnings. :)

duncan said:
thanks for the info. this seems to be a typical response, despite the conventional warnings. :)

I dont have pics up, but my lexus LS400 has some pretty deep dish on the wheels. They are about 2 inchs farther out then stock- i even stretched and rolled the fenders to make them fit.

really, there shouldnt be any problems. The benefits of a wider stance far outweigh the caution of having more stress on your bearings.

ya I mean you can ride around on 6in wide wheels, or you can ride around on fat rubber and possibly replace wheel bearings more often...

all this motor swap blah blah blah. lol ive owned several rotories and would own one over piston any day. but if your gonna swap a motor in there do the monster swap and throw a 302 in there. hell i think the company makes a boilt in kit

Back
Top Bottom