my roadster

my94f2 said:
all this motor swap blah blah blah. lol ive owned several rotories and would own one over piston any day. but if your gonna swap a motor in there do the monster swap and throw a 302 in there. hell i think the company makes a boilt in kit

ya theres a company that makes a more or less bolt in kit for LS series motors, its def a project I want to do down the line.

New pics

ap2.jpg

ap1.jpg

Thanks!! I think the top is around 35 pounds if I'm not mistaken. I just bought a new daily driver so I'm going to get more serious with this car.

All these awesome bikes and it takes an MX-5 to get me to cease my lurking!

Is that one BRG? My '93 is Classic Red over black... kinda like an old Lotus Elan. I've had a few Brit roadsters, but the Miata is the one I'll never sell.

Beautiful. My old '68 MGB was BRG. While my '93 Miata isn't quite as modified as yours, because of my love of Brit cars I've done a few things. Painted the lower half, below the beltline, satin black, as I had said. Sort of a nod to the Lotus Elan. It was the inspiration for the NA and that's what drew me to this car. Also kept the seven spoke daisies, but painted them black like classic Panasports. I've made interior mods, upgraded shocks, shock tower braces... other mods, but basically stock. Love this car. IMHO the NA Miata is the best British car never made.

MY 94 MX5 1,8is limited edition i think its the 130bhp model. i love my little car its sooooo cute :D Mx5,s are the best

Attachments

• PICT0562.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 183
thats a cool looking style bar. Never seen one with braces on the back like that one. The next thing I'm going to do is get a roll bar and also install my new suspension that I've been putting off.

smaeda said:
thats a cool looking style bar. Never seen one with braces on the back like that one. The next thing I'm going to do is get a roll bar and also install my new suspension that I've been putting off.

mine failed the MOT test on the suspension so now it has coil overs and it is lowered. This makes it go around corners very well but i have spun it twice !!! :eek: :-[

I want to know more about that hood, I love it.

Is it the factory one stripped and polished or what? I think something similar would look awesome on my RX-7. Which has a 302, by the way, since people were talking about engine swaps :p

302...drool....

But yea I stripped the paint and polished the crap out of the hood. Took about 8 hours or so. Then to give it the vintage flair I took some jeep louvers and riveted them in.

Did ya cover it with clear? Any issues with rusting?

And yeah the 302 seemed like the way to go, I grew up on torque and that good old V8 sound. The 98 or so horse 12a with like 2lbft wasn't cutting it. Nothing against rotarys, cool motors, just not what I was looking for in this car.

Article looks cool, can we see the rest of it? Is that a published magazine, online rag, or newsletter?

The title page looks like it says "Vintage Green 36" five minutes in Photoshop and they could've blurred that out a touch.

Back
Top Bottom