Finally got myself a bike. and its not a honda...

Well, today is the day. Iowa winter hit hard and fast. Last monday I was shooting a competition in my T-Shirt. The next day it was 20 degrees. We have even have our first hard snow. I've ran out of comfortable days to get my Harley back home. They have most of the streets cleared of snow now. Im gonna make a run for it.

I want to know what's happened to this thread!

Do you still have the Harley? What does it look like now? It's been 6 months since the last post... I want pics!

Seriously though, how are things. I noticed you are still on the site occasionally, so please provide an update if you have time and energy.

HolyRoller!

I stopped posting because I thought people had lost interest. I do still have the bike. Spring/Summer has finally hit Iowa. Ive been on the bike A LOT. I did finally buy new risers so the handlebars don't look as ridiculous. Ill post pictures when I charge my phone.

I have also found some guys to ride with. They both have Honda CB350s from the 70's. Its kind of a funny site seeing us riding together.

Anyways, battery is dying so Ill be sure to shoot some pictures for ya.

Itd really like to cut my rear fender down a lot. Ill probably end up with something kind of bobber style.

Finally had a little time to play with the bike.

I removed the fender and cut it, along with the seat. It ended up taking a lot longer than I though it would. It still isnt finnish, infact I need to go find a cutting wheel and shape it more. But here are some photos from this adventure.

I was also just trying to get it legal so I could ride it down to a rally. I will end up re-covering the seat. Making adjustments and things.

I wanted to remount the chopped part of the fender because I though it would look better but there is an electrical panel that is riveted to the fender to I couldn't.

Started to cut and shape the seat.

I didnt have any money to spend with I took on this little project. The bike is not going to be left like this. However it's ridable in this state.

Some friends and I rode about 30 miles to go to a Bike Night. Everything went great. However, when we were coming back from the rally something happened...

In a small town about 20 minutes away from home, my bike died.

I noticed my tachometer starting to die, then my lights dimmed, then power started to fade, after a series of chugging, backfiring, and spitting flames, it died.

Luckily, I have a great friend that lives very close to were it died. I managed to limp it to his apartment. There it sits. Right after it died, my starter button would not engage the starter at all. It was just like pressing a button that didn't have anything hooked up to it. The lights remained dim.

The next day, I turned the bike on, brighter lights. I hit the starter switch and the starter spun but the solenoid didn't engage.

As of right now I am charging my battery to see if I can limp it home.

After driving 30 minutes to Ely I found out that I had forgotten my keys at home....ugh....So I drove all of the way back, got my keys, and headed back. I popped the battery in and the bike fired up. I immediately threw my gear on and road home.

I road it like a bat out of hell. I wanted to get as far as possible before it died again. Luckily I got it home with no issues.

So now Im wondering, did the battery just lose charge? Is my bike not charging right?

Back
Top Bottom