Softail bobber

In order to look right while riding that beast you need to be dressed in all black with a skull printed handkerchief around your face, and a chainsaw slung over your back.

Axle to axle is around 70" if I recall.

Sorta short, but Ok. :eek: :p ;D

001-95.jpg

very interesting! it grew on me from page 1 to page 3...i kinda like it! although, i think a different tank would really top it off. just my .02, though. well done!

Well, At first I was very angry. :x

Then I was very depressed. :cry:

I am now at the stage where I realize I am not in the hospital and i should stop my bitchin. I got her home and it looks like a tank, controls and bars and some detail work should get me back on the road. Please dont ask, it just is what it is!!! :roll:

001-96.jpg

002-94.jpg

003-92.jpg

004-72.jpg

005-68.jpg

006-48.jpg

Thanx all. ;D

Well I am feelin a little better. Got her torn down and the front end appears to be straight. Is there an "official" way to tell for sure?? I used my jack handle as a set of bars, made the bike level on the jack and eyed up the front wheel while looking straight down the front of the triple with the homemade bar straight. Wheel looks straight as an arrow. 8)

Made a list of parts needed to replace and it looks pretty inexpensive so far, might get out of this for under 5 bills!!

007-41.jpg

008-34.jpg

009-26.jpg

010-16.jpg

Glad you're ok. That said, I would loge to know what happened. Out of curiosity, how much does this bike weigh?

It is pretty light compared to a stocker, I am not sure though. I think I dropped about 200 lbs off her.

As far as what happened, lets just say it was a series of things that came together all at one time..........the wrong time!!!!!

Ran down to the harley dealer and picked up a 9 dollar circut breaker.............WE GOT POWER!!!!!! 8)

Neutral light and oil light shining bright.

Have to measure each day with small victories. :D

Since I have the bike torn down I am thinkin on having the 1000RR swinger machined a bit and slapping that rear end on. Just gotta eye up the chain run and see if we are in the park.

I am probably gettin a little ahead of myself. I will feel much better once I can fire it and be sure it is runnin ok.

mmmmmmmmmm 1000RR goodness!!! 8)

002-95.jpg

Got bars and controls back on!!! 8)

My extreme mood swings are startin to level out a bit. Laughing one minute, crying the next....I just pray this thing runs and tracks straight when I get her back together !!! :cry: :D :cry: 8) 8O 8)

001-98.jpg

002-96.jpg

003-93.jpg

Hey, Happy Turkey Day All!!!! :D

i like it. Y U change it again?!
haters-11.jpg

im not one to say "wow thats the coolest most awesome bike"
but that honda in your sig.......is THEE bike i would love to have. i would trade all my bikes for it

New tracker bars...check
new clutch lever...check
new front brake reservior...check
new steering damper...check
new taillight....check
new foot pegs....check
new front fender...check
repair headlight mounts...check
bleed the brakes...check
new primary gaskets..check
new plugs...to do
re-wrap one pipe...to do
new air cleaner...on the way
new headlamp...on the way
new primary cover and derby...on the way
new tank...on the way

Took out plugs and turned over motor. Nothing spit out of cylinders. Pushed it up to the top of the driveway tonight and coasted down into the garage. Tracked straight, bars straight, no noticeable wobbles or anything.

The monster is almost back!! 8)

006-49.jpg

back to life! as i said on the HDF if you need anything let me know... not the most friendly HD crowd over here but i still post every one i build hahaha different bikes for different people right! I really dig the work that went into it, ill prob later down the line copy you on a few aspects i really really dig how it looked rocking the stock swing'r... so much that i may have to do it on a build

Thanx Bro. If I do need anything I will give ya a shout. ;D

As far as "copying' anything, no worries, every bike I have ever tweaked was "copied" from the ideas I saw on someone elses bike anyway!! ::) :p ???

i vote for custom tank. a very shallow short tank. so the bike remains looking flatlined.
i like how low and flat and long it is.

Sporty king tank on the way. ;D

http://www.ebay.com/itm/330823977413?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Back
Top Bottom